Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brad Wardell: "I’m too old and too rich for this shit”

SlyDrak

Scholar
--

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
Re: Brad Wardell: "I’m too old and too rich for this sh

SlyDrak said:
#6 Mindless Fanboys. I use the term “fan boy” a lot. There’s nothing more irritating than someone who backs a corporation without any rational thought. For instance, if someone’s watermarking your personal info into an EXE and you’re cheering that on, you’re a fan boy. If someone is charging you $10 to enable your bluetooth in your device that you just paid $300 for a year ago and you’re saying “Awesome!” you’re a fan boy. If you’re ignoring the fact that your crappy open source OS requires you to jump through hoops but you scream that installing IE 7 is inconvenient, you’re a fan boy.

Ironic because 90% of Stardock's game sales come from mindless fanboys who will buy any sub-average game with a Stardock sticker attached to it. Same applies with Valve and Blizzard obviously, but they don't put out ironic blog posts that I know of. And some of their games are actually quite good.

Hmmmm....only one thing to say about this.

melting_face_raiders_lost_ark.gif
MELTDOWN!
melting_face_raiders_lost_ark.gif

Seriously, if you're a CEO of a big company, you probably shouldn't post stuff like this. Just saying...oh wait...I'm armchair CEOing....the humanity!

Wyrmlord

Arcane

Jeff Graw said:
SlyDrak said:
#6 Mindless Fanboys. I use the term “fan boy” a lot. There’s nothing more irritating than someone who backs a corporation without any rational thought. For instance, if someone’s watermarking your personal info into an EXE and you’re cheering that on, you’re a fan boy. If someone is charging you $10 to enable your bluetooth in your device that you just paid $300 for a year ago and you’re saying “Awesome!” you’re a fan boy. If you’re ignoring the fact that your crappy open source OS requires you to jump through hoops but you scream that installing IE 7 is inconvenient, you’re a fan boy.

Ironic because 90% of Stardock's game sales come from mindless fanboys who will buy any sub-average game with a Stardock sticker attached to it. Same applies with Valve and Blizzard obviously, but they don't put out ironic blog posts that I know of. And some of their games are actually quite good.
I swear, though, if there had to be one proof that low budget small scale games can do commercially well, why did it have to be those people at Stardock?

Their high-minded and self-righteous sentiments are an embarassment to PC gamers in general.

Silellak

Cipher
I guess I'm the only one who finds this honesty sort of refreshing.

I mean yeah, he probably shouldn't post that as the CEO of a company. And yeah, it does seem like a bit of a meltdown. But regardless, it's nice to see someone at a higher level in this industry actually being somewhat honest instead of kissing as much ass and using as many buzzwords as possible.

Chefe

Erudite
Wardell is my hero. I want to make a game and establish a gaming company so I can be just like him. I try on my own, but without street cred, I can only go so far, which isn't very far at all.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2

[url=http://draginol.joeuser.com/article/344537/Long-term_Im_a_short_timer_on_forums/page/1:5j8t6uhg]Brad Wardell[/url] said:
Blah Blah Blah I can count.

butthurt detected

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sounds like he lost an argument on some random Internet forum and is now being butthurt about it.

Seboss

Liturgist
#6 is especially ironic, Mr Brad "Microsoft fanboy" Wardell :P

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Butthurt rant is butthurt. Maybe Brad should publish and make some decent games first before dissing others.
Edit: And if it's such as an issue why can't he just create a new account and not tell anyone who he is? Or is his ego so inflated that he must go about telling everyone he's Brad Wardell?

Destroid

Arcane
Re: Brad Wardell: "I’m too old and too rich f

[url=http://draginol.joeuser.com/article/344537/Long-term_Im_a_short_timer_on_forums/page/1:1xv6nzyh]Brad Wardell[/url] said:
It’s not that I think that I’m better than these losers rather than I think they’re just a lot worse than I am.

lol

Hory

Erudite
Fat Dragon said:
#1 Companies don’t need nor want everyone as a customer.
Well, that's very good to know. I guess I'll just start pirating games then. I'll save a lot of money.
Doesn't take much for you to bend your morals, huh?

Pliskin

Arbiter
Hobo Elf said:
Butthurt rant is butthurt. Maybe Brad should publish and make some decent games first before dissing others.
Edit: And if it's such as an issue why can't he just create a new account and not tell anyone who he is? Or is his ego so inflated that he must go about telling everyone he's Brad Wardell?

Also:

Yea, I’m the CEO of a $20+ million company.

I'm anxiously awaiting the list of how many supermodels he fucked so far this year...

dragonfk

Erudite
Silellak said:
I guess I'm the only one who finds this honesty sort of refreshing.

But regardless, it's nice to see someone at a higher level in this industry actually being somewhat honest instead of kissing as much ass and using as many buzzwords as possible.

+1

So we dont like Pete Hines because he kisses asses of his customers, but also we dont like Wardell for showing big "fuck off" to them. Mind boggles.

obediah

Erudite
SlyDrak said:
This is the one that sealed the deal for me. If you've followed Stardock to some degree, you should be aware of their crusade against drm. It was good times had by all, Stardock white knighting the defenseless gamers. Then they released Impulse and started requiring it to update your games and the honey moon was over. Well for some, most stayed and became the dreaded Fan Boys.

Of course, now that they have some form of DRM and people are calling Stardock/Brad on their bullshit it's making him mad. Who needs to argue or accommodate though when you can just label those who call you out on it kooks?

Hey Brad, you're full of shit (Don't like being called full of shit? Then don't be full of shit):roll:

That's the only thing that bothered me in his rant.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
sounds like he would both fit right in and absolutely hate the codex at the same time.

Xi

Arcane
obediah said:
SlyDrak said:
This is the one that sealed the deal for me. If you've followed Stardock to some degree, you should be aware of their crusade against drm. It was good times had by all, Stardock white knighting the defenseless gamers. Then they released Impulse and started requiring it to update your games and the honey moon was over. Well for some, most stayed and became the dreaded Fan Boys.

Of course, now that they have some form of DRM and people are calling Stardock/Brad on their bullshit it's making him mad. Who needs to argue or accommodate though when you can just label those who call you out on it kooks?

Hey Brad, you're full of shit (Don't like being called full of shit? Then don't be full of shit):roll:

That's the only thing that bothered me in his rant.

Oh boy! We talked about this very subject last year practically during the same month even!

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... t=stardock

Ahh, it feels good to have made a fairly accurate prediction, even when most people were like "No!" Brad Wardell is a hack just like anyone else.

Ch1ef

Scholar
mmkay
PS:I have strange feeling that he is impotent. VERY strange...and VERY impotent...
BUT he is
the CEO of a $20+ million company
so i guess its not a big deal...for a
the CEO of a $20+ million company

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom