Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Brian Fargo and Thomas Beekers interviewed by Guy Cocker

dukeofwhales

Cipher
Not wanting my early years internet shenanigans known to the general public is reason enough to hope to never be important enough to have a following of any kind.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am actually happy for Bro None and a bit envy him. I know he does a lot of (maybe not the most interesting) work for inXile and already for quite time, so he is now allowed to take part in making games, I'm sure that's what he wanted to achieve during the years of work.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's not like their writing (inxile) will be worse off than it is if they have BN writing. Torment has to be an exponential leap in quality from WL2's script, for it to even begin honoring the legacy of PST.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I don't get why Brother None is using his real name around, I mean, I knew I would't.
When you work full-time as a representative of a company, being known by your handle/nickname in official capacity does not exactly smack of professionalism or trustworthiness.

Also, gotta impress the ladies. :obviously:

kaizoku

Arcane
More Wasteland 2 UK media blitzing at Kotaku.uk: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/07/30/wasteland-2-almost-many-words-bible

It seems from talking to him that Fargo has kept close control over Wasteland 2's tone, and though he has not restricted the writers in terms of subject matter, he has attempted to preserve its maturity. "I’ve removed stuff I thought was juvenile," he says, "like a guy called the Sperminator, or something like that." Wasteland 2 isn't lazy about the choices it offers players, and it mustn't be lazy in its writing, either.

:lol:
The character's still in the game, he got renamed. ;)

Free Bard's Tale key to anyone who can figure it out. :P

Guy Cocker?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't get why Brother None is using his real name around, I mean, I knew I would't.
When you work full-time as a representative of a company, being known by your handle/nickname in official capacity does not exactly smack of professionalism or trustworthiness.

Neither does wearing t-shirts and jeans everywhere... on both points.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Neither does wearing t-shirts and jeans everywhere... on both points.
Not completely right about the second point.+M

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Cue 5-10 years, and Neo RPG Codex newfags will be interviewing Sea and BN.

44922916.jpg

you mean seaMcC ?

:cmcc:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
This thread is too much, you guys crack me up.

I did a few more (more game-specific) interviews/Q&As, including one audio one, for those who can't get enough of hearing my voice.

Still on press tour but in Germany now. Hamburg, then Munich. Hope we'll see some Codexers in the BBQ in Munich!

Shannow

Waster of Time
:/
I would have dropped by if you'd been in Berlin...
I might even have provided you with a useful to know German phrasebook.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

I did a few more (more game-specific) interviews/Q&As, including one audio one, for those who can't get enough of hearing my voice.

Still on press tour but in Germany now. Hamburg, then Munich. Hope we'll see some Codexers in the BBQ in Munich!

Hey you won't do anything in Amsterdam maybe, huh?

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Scrooge sis can you make it to this prestigious event?
:kfc:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Scrooge sis can you make it to this prestigious event?
:kfc:

Heh.

When would that be anyway? Maybe and just MAYBE I could get there even tho that would mean I had to go to Munich aka worst city in the world

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Heh.

When would that be anyway? Maybe and just MAYBE I could get there even tho that would mean I had to go to Munich aka worst city in the world
Monday 18:00 in the Schwanthalerhöhe district. I'd move it for ya but I don't think "it's so Scrooge won't have to come to Munich!" will be very convincing for Brian.

Anyone who wants to come just ping us at support@inxile.net. We'll have plenty of space I believe.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well I won't have time this ;onday anyway since there's a celebration and fireworks here (fireworks, not gonna miss that!) so well. But everyone who goes, have fun :)

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I hear that, I was kidding, fyi. Just reminded me of some stuff from years ago on the CG forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom