Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Brian Fargo announces Bard's Tale IV at PAX South

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I take my frustrations out on the Internet.

For once, a Codexer was right that I was actually mad. 99% of the time, I'm really not.

You're all fags and I hope you die.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I take my frustrations out on the Internet.

For once, a Codexer was right that I was actually mad. 99% of the time, I'm really not.

You're all fags and I hope you die.

:salute: Anyway, if you want to review Wasteland 2 after the balance patch, then instead of waiting you can do the Fallout retrospectives first. Which makes sense, if you think about it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Blaine, former Ogrish webmaster becomes the new Dorito Pope.

This will make the headlines all over the world.

Weasel
Blaine, former Ogrish webmaster becomes the new Dorito Pope.

This will make the headlines all over the world.

:lol:

FfFetR3.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Will you at least pay him with doritos? Or do you want to play the whole mean jew cliché?

If Blaine ever visits Denmark, I promise to drive to whereever in this great country he may be (unless it's on Bornholm), and have a monocled conversation with him over wine glasses filled with Mtn. Dew and silver plating full of Doritos.

Anyway Blaine, you should still do the balance-patch review, unless you got bored with the idea. It's an excellent plan.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:lol: When I saw that picture the first time along with Grunker being mentioned I thought that was him. Seemed more appropriate than the other uh.. rather redneck-looking guy.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That's some dank-ass shit.

(is that what kinds these days say?)

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm more interested in why do you list the virtues in a notepad document and then store that on your desktop.

Also, what sort of game is defrag.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
If BT4 is gonna be similar to Stonekeep (also designed by Brian Fargo if I'm not mistaken) then we're seriously fucked.

Stonekeep was not bad for its time. The fairy realm with the songs you could order from the dwarfes was pretty hilarious:

Xeon

Augur
Because of Sawyer and PoE, I kinda thought lead designers are the bosses of the projects, that almost nothing gets added in the game without their approval or something.

In that list, it shows Chris Tyler is the lead designer of Fallout 1 and designer of SPECIAL of Fallout 2 (Its kinda the same as FO1, no?) or something, I originally thought Tim Cain was the one who was in full control of Fallout or something.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Because of Sawyer and PoE, I kinda thought lead designers are the bosses of the projects, that almost nothing gets added in the game without their approval or something.

Sawyer is also the Project Director on PoE, that's where his authority comes from.

For a more typical project look at Torment. Adam Heine is the lead designer but he's pretty clearly not "the boss".

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

In that list, it shows Chris Tyler is the lead designer of Fallout 1 and designer of SPECIAL of Fallout 2 (Its kinda the same as FO1, no?) or something, I originally thought Tim Cain was the one who was in full control of Fallout or something.
Designer credits at Interplay at not exactly the same as Obsidian, and game credits in the 90s were generally fast and loose. Tim Cain got producer, lead programmer, and "original game design" credits for Fallout.

That said, no one had full control and there's a reason the next company was called "Troika" with Boyarsky and Anderson.

hiver

Tim Cain was the mastermind who started working and creating Fallout basically on his own time. He built it and then others started coming in, getting dipped and joining the effort, adding their own skills to the core that Tim made.
So its not that he commanded it, there was no need for "full control" - but rather that others liked what he was doing and added to it.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
If BT4 is gonna be similar to Stonekeep (also designed by Brian Fargo if I'm not mistaken) then we're seriously fucked.

Nope. Here is Stonekeep's lead designer: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,214443/

Read and weep :kfc:

(PHEW) Thanks for enlightening me on that one. I was really starting to get a bit scared.
I bought Stonekeep on GOG and played it 2 years ago.
I really enjoyed the first parts of the game, but as soon as you reach the dwarf levels the game turns into a mess.

Man, that final screen with the orbs/planets puzzle... BRRRRRRRR (shudder)

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Ok, so I'm interested in this, I used to watch my cousin play a lot of bard's tale back in the day.

Turn based combat for blobbers makes sense to me, but I did enjoy Grimrock. I think turn based lets you have a bigger party, any more than 4 with real time and you would be spamming like mad. A bigger party means more classes can be used so another argument for turn based.

Anyway, hearthstone is NOT balanced or intricate imo, I play it a fair bit and the silence ability is fucking retarded. Silence is more like EPIC purge and is completely broken. You can have a card like Van Cleef the rogue's legendary after playing 5 or 6 cards (to achieve a boost to attack and health) completely nullified by a 1 mana cost card the next turn. There are many other instances of the mechanics and RNG making the game really fucking dumb. Also, in hearthstone the only class that can steal cards is the priest, NOT the rogue?!!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, the excitement of a new Bard's Tale is overwhelming this thread. The game speculation (mechanics, engine use, etc.) is riveting.... keep up the good work Codex... :salute:

Athelas

Arcane
Wow, the excitement of a new Bard's Tale is overwhelming this thread. The game speculation (mechanics, engine use, etc.) is riveting.... keep up the good work Codex... :salute:
Well, so far we have this to go on:
Mechanics: like Hearthstone.
Engine: Unity.

These things aren't exactly cause for excitement. :M

Athelas

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom