Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Brian Fargo confirms a Wasteland successor

Ander Vinz

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:
No, these statements are not stupid.
Call it whatever you want. They have no basis.
*You* are naive and gullible to believe that it will be an actual CRPG.
How mind-reading of you.
When their announcement(even if it isnt for Wasteland) has the phrase "next gen" in it, do you think you can put faith in to such a company?
I don't believe announcements anymore. I prefer to wait and see myself.

Commissioner

Novice
So if Bethesda are raping someone elses child, if Fargo manages to rape Wasteland does that make it incest?

fastpunk

Arbiter
Jaime Lannister said:
Interplay/inexile reminds me of Obsidian, except instead of making shitty sequels to bioware games, they're making shitty remakes of old games.

Shitty sequels to BioWare games? Granted that KotOR II was not finished... but even so it was a lot better than the marathon of Star Wars cliches that was KotOR. And NWN2 actually had a pretty good main campaign, unlike the original...

Back to the article: I don't know, this might be good news. I mean Brian Fargo has what it takes to make something great, it just depends on what he wants to accomplish with this game: if he's playing just for financial reasons then I wouldn't expect much...

flabbyjack

Arcane
fastpunk said:
... NWN2 actually had a pretty good main campaign, unlike the original...

Try the expansion/add-ons. The team really got familiar with what they could do with the Aurora engine and built some pretty neat stuff. I'd even go so far as to call 'Hordes of the Underdark' an unofficial NWN sequel.

Krafter

Scholar
Ander Vinz said:
Call it whatever you want. They have no basis.
No basis? Call it experience, then. You have been paying attention, right?

See what they did with Wasteland before this? See what they are doing with Fallout right now? How about with Fallout before with Brotherhood of Steel, then? Look at what the console versions of Baldur's Gate are like. Have you seen what they just recently did with Shadowrun? Heck, while we are at it, how about the Elder Scrolls series as compared to Daggerfall?

I may have no basis when it comes to Wasteland 2, but I certainly have a leg to stand on here, if not a full set. Shit, I could probably build a few horses at this point, and I haven't even begun to bust out Invisible War, Deadly Shadows or Bioshock.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Krafter said:
I may have no basis when it comes to Wasteland 2, but I certainly have a leg to stand on here, if not a full set.
That was the point. We'll see if you're right about console shit part.

Noceur

Liturgist
Well, say what you will about Bethesda, but if Inexile tries to compete with them they will most likely lose. On the other hand, if they do pull out a real Wastelands 2, they will have a completely different market compared to Bethesda... considering that Fallout 3 seems to take the worst out of oblivion, screw it in the ass for several hours, put in it in PA world then ask the player to bend over and drink out of a toilet while a supermutant assrapes the player (vibrating Xbox360 controller and all) for the rest of the game... well, I sorta lost myself there... but the keyword is assrape. If Inexile isn't trying to get into the assraping business, they might just make a shitty game. If for some reason there's a hindu god out there who gives a shit, it might be something worth playing.

Seriously, sorry to bring Bethesda into this, but they're just fucking everyone with Fallout 3, it seems. I'd rather fuck around with Oblivion with guns, than Lets Do Something Noone Wants And Fuck The Whole World Instead Of Just RPG Players.

EDIT: Sorry for the offensive grammar, I was drunk when I made this post. I guess I was trying to say that sales-wise, Bethesda is hard to go up against... and something about something else. Ah well... :roll:

Krafter

Scholar
Ander Vinz said:
That was the point. We'll see if you're right about console shit part.
Fair enough. I just don't see where any optimism is supposed to come from, given the current state of PC RPGs. Welcome to RPG Hell.

For the record, I do hope I'm wrong.

bobo_monkey

Novice
MY MEMORIES

Just because its being done its no reason to not see eye to eye

I happen to know that its quite believable at times. Mostly because of attitude but that can be said about anything really.

Fargo killed my c64 but it was just a load freeze ,8,1 not ,8.

Yes I will go for it and look forward but all of you should understand the fine balance thats needed and forget the anus? Anusi?

robur said:
Psst, there is still a chance to change the course of history:

http://www.inxile-entertainment.com/jobs.html

First one. Any takers?

Let's see.

Required Qualifications:

* 2+ years of game industry experience in a design capacity I've played a lot....
* Broad knowledge of game theory Uhhh....sure thing
* Creativity Feel my creativity...go on...touch it....
* Attention to detail Corporal Compulsive reporting for duty, sir!
* Excellent communication skills Good thing I tagged speech...
* A passion for games I have the passion of....a lot of passionate people

Highly Desired Qualifications:

* Experiene with mini-game development Huh....this looks kind of bad....
* Programming, level design, or scripting experience I did Hello World...
* Titles shipped on multiple platforms You consolizing bastards!

Well....I could do it. But I'd need a lot of forged papers and a lot of blowdarts filled with poison.

robur

Scholar
Edward_R_Murrow said:
robur said:
Psst, there is still a chance to change the course of history:

http://www.inxile-entertainment.com/jobs.html

First one. Any takers?

Let's see.

Required Qualifications:

* 2+ years of game industry experience in a design capacity I've played a lot....
* Broad knowledge of game theory Uhhh....sure thing
* Creativity Feel my creativity...go on...touch it....
* Attention to detail Corporal Compulsive reporting for duty, sir!
* Excellent communication skills Good thing I tagged speech...
* A passion for games I have the passion of....a lot of passionate people

Highly Desired Qualifications:

* Experiene with mini-game development Huh....this looks kind of bad....
* Programming, level design, or scripting experience I did Hello World...
* Titles shipped on multiple platforms You consolizing bastards!

Well....I could do it. But I'd need a lot of forged papers and a lot of blowdarts filled with poison.
You see, that desired stuff is only desired, not required. If you're up for changing the world from within, why not giving it a shot? Doesn't cost no money to send out a CV really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom