Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
is there any way to make the text bigger? also what's up with the 30 FPS?

edit. okay it really give me motion sickness. small text + 30 FPS = me dinner outta my belly :(

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Okay i manned up and played the game. Playing in 720p instead of 1080 and the text became readable. Changing the game speed to fast help too with the motion sickness. It's playable now.

First impression is that it feels like gothic in both atmosphere and your character. You're just nobody schmuck in dead ass Oaxaca. Havent felt this since ELEX. The character progression is like gothic too except more sophisticated in a good way. Gameplay reminded me of kinda jankier deus ex, but it works. In a way it's great stuff like crosshair are determined with skills.

I am really digging it so far.

Anywaay you cannot sell stuff ? No option to sell in thunder mountain.

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
Anywaay you cannot sell stuff ? No option to sell in thunder mountain.
Nah, you can't sell stuff at all. Brian wanted to avoid the mechanic of going back and forth to sell everything.
I still think it was a bad design choice.

If people have fun doing that let them do it.
They will get bored of it sooner or later.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
okay the more i played the more impressed i get. killed zac, met the girl in in scumlands that offer me possible alternative way to the city. umm what it's called again chipotle or something.

but yeah, very good game. alot of solution to quests, open ended objectives, tons of build variety, gothic progression. too bad with how the game look it is a hard sell to recommend it to people outside of codex circle. it's really as if gothic and deus ex had a baby

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Brian Lancaster

Can you help with thos crash? It already happened to me 4 times and it can happen randomly in any areas and it seems to be different files too. Sometimes when i load a level or reload a save this happens

pmODpfS.jpg

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
@HoboForEternity: There is a known memory issue on some computers where if you play too long and visit too many maps (thus loading too many images), the game will crash. Not sure why it happens on some computers. Disabling the Community Pack may help, as character textures are much smaller. Otherwise after visiting 5 or 6 maps in a single play session, you may have to quit the game and start it again.

About how many maps do you visit before it happens?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
@HoboForEternity: There is a known memory issue on some computers where if you play too long and visit too many maps (thus loading too many images), the game will crash. Not sure why it happens on some computers. Disabling the Community Pack may help, as character textures are much smaller. Otherwise after visiting 5 or 6 maps in a single play session, you may have to quit the game and start it again.

About how many maps do you visit before it happens?
I ran around the plantation map, the pochutla entrances and the highway between to do some stuff. It also happen in the scumlands.

I dunno how it happen cos i got good pc.

16 GB ram
Ryzen 3700x
Gtx 1080
Win 10

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Yeah, I don't know why it happens on some computers, either. But I do know it happens when too many textures are loaded without quitting the game. But for now I would disable the Community Pack DLC, and after visiting 3 or 4 different maps, save, quit and launch the game again. Revisiting maps shouldn't be a problem. But when you visit too many different maps in one session, it's a problem. I'll look into it eventually, but not very soon.

EDIT: It happened on my old computer after visiting about 8 maps without quitting the program, back when the textures were JPGs (I was dumb). Then I converted the textures to PNG/DDS and it didn't happen at all. I'll figure it out eventually.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
flu already told you, but i've been doing this:

8iUVfsh.png

he also told me you've been programming in a 'failure' sound that plays when certain conditions are met

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Played it a for a few hours,pretty fun indi shit. Had a good time till i had to free some black bitch from a bunch of drug addicted mutants that throw one shot grenades. The annoying part was that i choose the polite options to say hi to the bitch and ended up betraying the people that hired me :prosper:

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Get that white bitch on your side and you will have benefits from the Subz in the city.
EDIT: But what you described shouldn't happen.
DOUBLE EDIT: Wait, no that should happen.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom