Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline BROFORCE

Alex

Arcane
Sorry for the dumb question, but I am out of the loop. What is this about, exactly? A new game? A new DLC? Is this going to include new stages?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Sorry for the dumb question, but I am out of the loop. What is this about, exactly? A new game? A new DLC? Is this going to include new stages?
just read the post before yours, explains it all

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The main game got a free update that includes new things.

That's it.

Yes, there are new stages in the new campaign.

Yes, all those online-levels are still there.

Time to see whether Broforce-Bros will create new levels with the new content...

Alex

Arcane
The main game got a free update that includes new things.

That's it.

Yes, there are new stages in the new campaign.

Yes, all those online-levels are still there.

Time to see whether Broforce-Bros will create new levels with the new content...
That's pretty surprising. I mean, wouldn't it make more financial sense to launch this as a sequel? Not complaining, though.

just read the post before yours, explains it all

It did indeed, and in particular I missed the bit about new stages. But while I noticed that Unkillable Cat called it an update, I wanted to be sure he really meant it.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Finished the campaign, further impressions.

# Desperados is only there for the style. His range is too short, so he has to make up for it by playing the guitar whenever he stands still. This attracts enemies, much like MacGyver's Turkey Surprise. His two friends, just like in the film, are packing a rocket launcher and a heavy machine gun, respectively.

# Buffy is still a mystery to me, I'll need time to learn her abilities. One obvious thing is confirmed though, her holy waters burns all the undead and unholy in the Hell-levels, so she's extra useful there.

# Seth Brundell has an extra ability - he can walk on the ceiling. He's very useful in the alien-levels.

# Demolition Man... either I'm missing something big here, or he's the weakest Bro since the Highlander. That bomb is just too unpredictable.

# Burt Gummer's special is very similar to that of Robocop's, just target someone on-screen and watch a large bullet take them out (usually with some collateral damage). Gummer also doesn't have a melee attack - he plants a bomb on things instead.

# At least one of the older Bros has been nerfed - Ash Williams has had his rate-of-fire with the shotgun reduced severely. I think they've also changed the Universal Soldier so that his special no longer resurrects him, but just buffs him up instead.

# The game has now reached the point where there are simply too many Bros in it. It's like playing Mortal Kombat Trilogy where your chosen fighter is randomized each round. Have fun memorizing all of their moves!

# I was wrong on one thing - the Flexes aren't just cosmetic, they're a special kind of power-up now. Once you start unlocking them, boxes with golden eagles on them start appearing in the levels. Inside is a one-use Flex, sometimes with added abilities like temporary invulnerability, flight and teleportation. That last one is important to know, because...

# ... one of the added levels in the campaign requires it. It's one of the 'hidden' areas where you're forced to use Indiana Jones to investigate some old ruins, but there comes a point in the level where you can't proceed because the path is blocked by indestructible walls. The only way forward is to TeleFlex through the wall. Fortunately the game is lenient by having the last checkpoint be located right in front of a Flex Shrine, thereby guaranteeing players the TeleFlex-powerup.

# Ellen Ripley also got her own 'hidden' level, specifically against the aliens. You'll be spamming that fire-button like there's no tomorrow.

# Sadly there are no added levels in the northern regions of the map (nor England), but it suggests room for more content in the future.

# There are also no new achievements. Some of the game's achievements are bro-related and quite ingenious.

# Unfortunately the penultimate boss fight of the game (the two hell-wyrms) is still a crap-shoot on whether it can be beaten or not by your current Bro. All the melee-bros are disqualified, as are most bros with low firepower or short range, leaving only a handful capable of the job. Once one wyrm has been killed it's a slightly easier task, but anyone trying to beat the game on IronBro is gonna have a really bad time here.

# By contrast I beat the final fight in one go. Conan the Barbarian FTW.

lightbane

Arcane
Thank you Codex, for being informative. Finding info about what's exactly new in this new and final update THAT IS NOT in video so soon was difficult.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I finally figured out Demolition Man: Press Fire after throwing the bomb to detonate it when you wish.

You control when the bomb explodes.

I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Moar info:

# Once you have a Flex, you get more movement options. Press FLEX after having pressed JUMP to double-jump. Also, while in mid-air, press down and FLEX to make a damaging dive.

# There are more mooks added to the game than can be found in the campaign. Of note is a variant of the standard Bruiser who sports a white hockey mask instead of the regular balaclava. Another Bruiser-variant has a brown vest and a rocket launcher, and is actually quite hard to kill. Finally, there are aliens with cybernetic helmets which don't attack other mooks.

# There are plenty of custom levels being made. Check them out, you're bound to find something fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom