Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Browser RPG I made (Warlock)

Matty77

Arcane
Developer
Good Morning/Evening,

Recently I created a browser based RPG/semi roguelike game. It uses a similar system to D20 (I used to play 3rd Edition DnD). It's a fantasy based game with an isometric view.

If you want to give it a try and have a play around in it, and offer any suggestions for further features I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

Matt.

Website Link: http://www.mattiesgames.com/warlock/

And a couple of screenies.....

Thanks.....

wc41.jpg

wc43.jpg

Lagi

Savant
its poor.
there is hardly anything to do there.
Nice hit roll simulator
nice character generator

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Really cool, I like it.
It has a lot of content, even if it's a bit confusing because it's doing things it's own way.
What was confusing is that the entire game is turn based, and suddenly the caves have like real time combat.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Is there a known issue with Google Chrome ? I tried it and it freezes at "Mattgames", opening screen. I tested one of your other game and they work.

Matty77

Arcane
Developer
Sorry for taking two weeks to reply - an epoch in internet time I suppose.

Yes it does do things its own way, the turn based overland map and real time dungeons is definitely intended.

Re the game not loading for you, that error has been fixed. I don't serve ads on my game but it does contain code for when it is on a portal that does display ads and on my own site it was causing problems with ad blocker software. Ive fixed it so it should play.

Thank you Lagi for your input too, there have been changes since your post which was helpful. Ta.

vlzvl

Arcane
Developer
Nice game!
Actually it is way better than those screenshots, they don't tell much...

Nice music by the way & UI :)

One thing i didn't liked was the revealing effect when you move. I think it would look much better if you were to reveal & hide in parallel as you move, not after you end the movement. In fact, it would be better just to apply some opacity.

The way it is now, i feel the world is always built magically in front of me rather exploring the previously unseen parts.
Nice idea of a game.

There was a problem i think. When i click on browser, it somehow goes into fullscreen.. it is intented?
Because after going into fullscreen, the sound is cancelling itself, plus it doesn't show since the fullscreen cover the side bars.

Matty77

Arcane
Developer
Thank you. Yes full screen was intended however I can see jt js a bit jarring the way it handles the transition.

The interface has taken a bit of work and advice from others to get right.

I've been working on it for about 8 weeks except I had a project I built in 2018 which formed the basis for a lot of it,

The screenshots above are out of date, I really should replace them...

wc58.jpg
wc60.jpg
wc61.jpg

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
FYI, I had a bug where I went really far to the north-east in a straight line, nothing else but walls and a straight line. About 50 pieces. Than a Skeleton appeared, killed him, and it restarted the level. Or it might be that it was the last one and I was teleported to the next level ? Not sure. I had to quit so I couldn't verify and all.

Matty77

Arcane
Developer
Thanks, yes on some occasions the maze generator puts together weird mazes like that. After many weeks of my own play testing I've found it happens like that too sometimes. The solution for me is to modify the maze when such a maze is generated.

However on restarting the level:there are two modes of play, quest mode which includes overland map and dungeon areas and arcade mode which it sounds like you played. In arcade mode it is simply random dungeons a bit like 'running the gauntlet ' where on clearing it a new dungeon is spawned and different monsters appear.

Thanks for playing.

Matty77

Arcane
Developer
Other players also appear on the world map if there are any playing:
wc62.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom