Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline BureiBuru: Kurohono Puhantasama

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
http://shoryuken.com/2012/08/05/arc...rs-additional-outfits-updated-moves-and-more/

Okay, so ArcSystem Works just revealed BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (aka BlazBlue 3) with a trailer that shows three new characters (tranny dude in pink, more Sector Seven fanservice boobs, and some shirtless dude who I bet works for the bad guys):

Anyway, some features stuff I managed to fish out:

1) Gold Burst is now gone, and will be replaced by Overdrive, which appears to be some kind of temporary boost mode unique to each character (the cheese-tastic example is Arakune's Overdrive stopping his Curse gauge from draining when full).

2) Enhanced graphics. They're probably trying to one-up SNK here by adding more frames of animation and even smoother lines.

3) At least Hazama has a new super move, seen in the trailer.

4) Noel got an entirely new sprite, and apparently an entirely revamped moveset too.

5) Finale of the storyline, or so they say.

Anyway, the arcade version in Japan is set for this Winter, with location tests starting today.

PS: My wager is that they either reveal Jubei and Kokonoe soon, or they'll be console exclusive, or they'll be console DLC.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
3) At least Hazama has a new super move, seen in the trailer.

scaled.php

Excellent news! Hopefully it won't be as hard to pull off as his Astral.

5) Finale of the storyline, or so they say.

Called it. As soon as I heard they got the rights to Guilty Gear back, I knew BB was going to come to an end.

PS: My wager is that they either reveal Jubei and Kokonoe soon, or they'll be console exclusive, or they'll be console DLC.

I hope so. They (Along with Phantom) were, I thought, sure things for the next game. Arc did say that if they planned on having another DLC character it would be Kokonoe and they hinted pretty strongly at Jubei being playable in that Nox Nyctores Teach Me scene.

Vaarna_Aarne

Actually, they're saying that they're going to make more BB games, they're just going to resolve current storylines in this one (read: They're pulling a King of Fighters). Also probably why they're adding totally new characters. Not to mention they're almost certainly going to make a BBvsGG game before they make an actual new GG game, simply due to how much effort making completely new HD sprites will be.

And yea, I'll eat my proverbial hat if they never add Jubei, Phantom and Kokonoe in the first BB saga, since they're pretty integral to it (then again, SNK hasn't yet made Adelheid a playable character in KoF XIII, despite him having probably the largest role in the story among the good guys).

Whisky

The Solution
4) Noel got an entirely new sprite, and apparently an entirely revamped moveset too.

Oh man, how did I miss that? My friend mains Noel and has been pissed off ever since she got nerfed from CT to CS. This is gonna be great!

Yeah, I thought those three were a sure bet considering before they always made characters that appeared in story mode playable in sequels. I even had an idea of how Jubei would fight: switching between two different swords, based on the fact that his scabbard has two hilts.

Good to heard they're gonna make more BB games. I've never actually played Guilty Gear, though I have heard great things.

Vaarna_Aarne

Also, rumour has it they're going to produce an anime of the game. If they have Production I.G., and if it looks a lot better than the crappy Mass Effect anime, I'm going laugh my ass off (and post smug Hazama pics when subject is mentioned, like I post Star Trek characters being smug when bad TOR news come in).

Whisky

The Solution
Oh come now, Vaarna. Making fun of ME3 for having a worse plot than BB is all fun and games, but the anime is a major low-hanging fruit. I doubt even the Biodrones care about it (I'm speaking as a former one.).

On more on-topic notes: there's no Murakumo character in the roster. My friend thinks it's likely that the boss character (Who is probably Saya) will be a clone of Lambda/Nu. That would be kind of disappointing if it were true. Though it would be better than Lambda being DLC.

Vaarna_Aarne

I have no idea. My guess is they just felt the urge to have a trap (though much more obvious with that voice) in BB too and not just GG.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, I'd expect Kokonoe to be a DLC character at the very least, same with Jubei. Saya is probably mid-boss before true ending final boss Terumi.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Oh come now, Vaarna. Making fun of ME3 for having a worse plot than BB is all fun and games, but the anime is a major low-hanging fruit. I doubt even the Biodrones care about it (I'm speaking as a former one.).

On more on-topic notes: there's no Murakumo character in the roster. My friend thinks it's likely that the boss character (Who is probably Saya) will be a clone of Lambda/Nu. That would be kind of disappointing if it were true. Though it would be better than Lambda being DLC.

CS' ending sequence with Relius and Hazama confims Nu will return in some form and you can see her crest in the trailer at the end.

Vaarna_Aarne

Anyone fluent in gookspeak checked the internets for info from people who've been to the location tests?

Vaarna_Aarne

Famitsu has confirmed Mu-12 and Nu-13 as playable characters.

There's also some tidbits on Noel's storyline, and new details regarding the new characters:

1) Noel goes to Ikaruga, but eventually heads off to find Rachel because she wants to become Mu so she can save Tsubaki. Also, the tranny guy mistakes her for a cross-dressing schoolboy.

2) Tranny is a mystery, no info on him yet.

3) Bullet is a tomboy mercenary hired to go after Sector Seven, grew up in an all-manly-man environment of the mercenary group that adopted her. Expect lots of titty jokes with her unwitting behaviour being the butt of the joke.

4) The seemingly lamest new character, Azrael, really is the lamest new character. He's just the same old boring Akuma type who wants to find strong opponents to fight, and generally fights with a power limiter. Also part of Sector Seven and lame.

5) No word on Kokonoe or Jubei being playable.

6) Nu's been re-tuned by Terumi and is now evil and crazy again. Most likely doesn't remember anything of the whole Idea Engine business.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, there's nothing on the story mode yet, those tidbits are from the Arcade mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom