Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

Just Locus

Educated
Saw some footage on YouTube of some "pros" playing the game, happy to see they haven't fixed the strong as fuck aim-assist which makes it so console players dominate every match because the game pretty much sets up the shot for them and all they have to do is hold R2. You might think "well just turn off Crossplay when on PC" that's not ideal, because most players would just plug in their controller because it's THAT much of an advantage. I thought this shit was fixed in Cold War because that game began with really unfair aim-assist.

Modron

Arcane
I looked at the steam store page for this and it's got a screenshot of batman, spawn, some neon samurai, crowns, demons and shiet. At what yearly release did the game jump off the rails of being semi grounded in reality (at least in regards to graphics) into zoomer fortnite gimme dem dollars territory?

ADL

Prophet
Season 2 IIRC. S0/S1 was all pretty grounded. Now because Modern Warfare II/III share operators and weapons you're gonna have day one Nikki Minaj and Homelander vs Snoop and Lilith from Diablo 4 running around shooting guns with cat wraps on them that turn players pixie dust when they die. I hate it but still gonna play it because MWIII's beta felt like a return to MW2019's gameplay which I still regard as the third best game in the series (CoD2>CoD>MW2019).

Also I would say ~30% of the campaign was pretty good, especially the no russian stadium massacre mission. In theory I would be okay with offline Warzone open combat missions if they were more open ended and as good as the MWIII's reveal event but none of them were anywhere close to that level of production value. Ends on a cliffhanger with a bunch of story threads that will be wrapped up in the seasonal content.

Hopefully this sort of last minute cobbled together release is a one time thing they pulled to get out of Sony's bullshit contract and Microsoft will give each studio 4-5 years versus the 2-3 they typically get. Would've preferred it as a $40 expansion pack to MWII with some of the gameplay changes but oh well got zombies and a mediocre campaign out of it. Still a fun game for the money.

Last edited:

Just Locus

Educated
At what yearly release did the game jump off the rails of being semi grounded in reality (at least in regards to graphics) into zoomer fortnite gimme dem dollars territory?
I'd argue that it's been that way ever since Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 hit the shelves because that game was full of characters that didn't really fit the aesthetic of COD or BO in general, but it paved the way for future COD games to add Fortnite-tier cosmetics/items that give the player whiplash.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I want to play as historically accurate Gemini AI drawn Black Nazis!!
Fuck this franchise.
Some good games in there - Call of Duty 1 and 2, World at War, but the rest is just Slop.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
My supervisor talks about his endeavors in this game all the time. I just sort of stare into the dark emptiness and slowly nod my head so it looks like I'm listening. Then I walk away as fast as I can.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Here's my foolproof guide to winning at modern CoD:

Step 1: give controller to girlfriend/child/geriatric
Step 2: go do something less retarded than playing CoD for a few hours
Step 3: take controller back and easily crush lobbies filled with exclusively girls/children/geriatrics for a few hours.
Step 4: go to step 1

Don't forget to purchase some fruity outfits to dress your soldier up with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom