Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Carrying the project

Drakortha

Liturgist
Anyone else involved in a project where you're the only one carrying the project forward?

Other team members won't step up and contribute, they are lazy and won't work unless they find the work entertaining. So I'm always the one who has to go the extra mile to get things done that need to get done..

Communicating achieves nothing. Ive tried presenting projects in a fun way. But the problem is that is just more work for me. I have to keep myself self motivated, I can't afford the energy trying to motivate everyone else. They need to self motivate themselves.

SOS send me help please

Gandalf

Arbiter
Need more data, I think. Is this project your idea? How far are you guys into the project? Are you the main guy? What skill level are you guys? Is programmer lazy? How many team members? How old? How do you communicate with each other? Are you guys same city/country or international? Is money pay involved? Is there a contract going on? How complex is the game you guys are working on?

Drakortha

Liturgist
Need more data, I think. Is this project your idea? How far are you guys into the project? Are you the main guy? What skill level are you guys? Is programmer lazy? How many team members? How old? How do you communicate with each other? Are you guys same city/country or international? Is money pay involved? Is there a contract going on? How complex is the game you guys are working on?
Need anything else? Proof of insurance? licenses?

Don't think I'm looking to talk about the project itself in here anyway. I just wanted to express how shitty and impossible it is to find dependable people to work with.

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
Anyone else involved in a project where you're the only one carrying the project forward?

Other team members won't step up and contribute, they are lazy and won't work unless they find the work entertaining. So I'm always the one who has to go the extra mile to get things done that need to get done..

Communicating achieves nothing. Ive tried presenting projects in a fun way. But the problem is that is just more work for me. I have to keep myself self motivated, I can't afford the energy trying to motivate everyone else. They need to self motivate themselves.

SOS send me help please
I had a similar situation in college only that the project had one lazy team member (and whilst that doesn't sound bad in a team of 8) I'm telling you guys that boy was like one of those game show plants, didn't do anything, caused fights, both verbal and on two occasions almost physical, complained to the lectures, lost work, and the list of his crimes goes on and on.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

SOS send me help please
Document everything. Track your contributions and record instances where your colleagues won't help, especially if you asked in chat and email. If you know your deadline, bring your dossier to your boss a day or two before the date and show him you were the one carrying the "group" project. After that, the decision is in the boss' hands, and you did all you could do to hold your group accountable.

Krice

Arcane
Developer
I just wanted to express how shitty and impossible it is to find dependable people to work with.
This is my experience and the reason is that people are often painfully average.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom