Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Changed your mind on TES4?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
@ Tintin

Well, there are games that run well, and there are games that don't run well. Simple as that. Judging by the posts in that "technical issues" forum, the game has some problems and works only on selected machines/setups.

Venom

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
@ Tintin

Well, there are games that run well, and there are games that don't run well. Simple as that. Judging by the posts in that "technical issues" forum, the game has some problems and works only on selected machines/setups.
That's the reason why I got it on XBox 360. It runs perfectly well...I heard of many people with apparent problems but I don't have any.

Tintin

Arbiter
I don't get why you would get it on Xbox 360. Not only do you have to play it with a controller, you're really limiting yourself. I can't imagine having Morrowind without the mods.

Venom

Scholar
Tintin said:
I don't get why you would get it on Xbox 360. Not only do you have to play it with a controller, you're really limiting yourself. I can't imagine having Morrowind without the mods.
It plays great with a controller.

Tintin

Arbiter
Venom said:
Tintin said:

So is the distant texture mush noticeable in the 360?

Venom

Scholar
Tintin said:
Venom said:
Tintin said:

So is the distant texture mush noticeable in the 360?
No blurry textures at all, the ground look the same everywhere but there is grass pop-up.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So what, is this another Deus Ex 2 Invisible War thing going on now? (Developed for PC and XBOX at the same time, but made for the XBOX first and foremost?) It certainly seems that way.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I have to confess that I was actually thinking about picking up Oblivion today, despite all our complaints against it.

Reading about White Christmas and some unexpected crashes though has actually made me decide to flip back to my original position and wait for the patched "Game of the Year" edition.

Heh. I like the having to hold down buttons on the X-Box to clear the cache. I would've thought that's what the reset button was supposed to do on its own, without any extra help. Of course, resetting your game every 15 minutes can't be fun...

Micmu

Magister
Venom said:
No blurry textures at all, the ground look the same everywhere but there is grass pop-up.
Another XBOX IS TEH R0X0R crap. Because others say otherwise. It's the same in both versions here.
When I got outside, things got hairy. I could see across to the other side of a lake, but it was completely undetailed. Just big, formless blobs of blues and greens. I turned around and looked at my more immediate surroundings and realized that the draw distance was awful. As you walk around, the ground teems with individually rendered blades of grass, bushes, mushrooms, all sorts of stuff. But only a small radius around your character is fully realized -- the rest of it is drawn in, quite visibly, as you move around.
(Ok, this guy was a bit extreme, but still...)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=274966

I had a previous problem (which would not allow me to play the game). Now I am able to, but before I get comfy, I want everything to be just right.

I am unable to uninstall the game. This error comes up when I try to:

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (390)
PAPP:Oblivion
PVENDOR:Bethesda Softworks (www.bethesda.com)
PGUID: (some numbers)

Once you press OK, this comes up>>

Setup has encountered an error.
Please do the following:
Close all running programs
Empty your temporary folder
Check your internet connection
Error Code -5001

Any ideas?
Fuck, even the uninstaller doesn't work

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=275101

Alright, here's the deal. Seems like most people are having problems with this. When I am to click start new game(the new button) It plays the video, right? If I watch it to the end, my game crashes. If I don't watch it and skip it... my game crashes... also when I want to change my video settings.. when I'm done.. I click return... my game crashes. look below this post for my computer information.
I have this one too. Touch any settings and the game crashes.

Astarsis

Novice
my mind changed for the negative. the lattest video especialy the one with voice acting convinced me of cancelling. and the weird thing looking like dagoth ur. I thought, oh no ! Morrowind all over again ! Next the animals will be gone. bye bye birds and cows and chickens. And guess what, when the guide got released the first thing that poored out was that creatures were down to 30 and barely 9 animals and monsters AND LISTEN TO THIS 10 dremoras ! What the fuck ! Who cares about dremoras ? Do they lack imagination or something ?

Besside they screwed up the whole Daedric architecture. Now it's a very bad copy of Sauron's tower in Lord of the Ring. Whoever did the Morrowind Daedric ruins was a genius. Those were the coolest part of morrowind

IMO Bethesda must have been nuts to REDUCE the Daedra variety in Oblivion. They were the most loved in Morrowind. Julian Lefay must be turning in his grave as we speak ! Well he's not dead, just left the company in 1999 when the hostile takeover occured, same as all the old team. No wonder It doesn't look like daggerfall. Apparently he left with his code too. they don't have Daggerfall anymore.

As for powerfull enought. They just badly optimized it. There is NOTHING in oblivion requiring any power. it's just badly coded / implemented - same as Morrowind.

When they started talking about long shader I knew they didn't had a single CG expert in house. And I thought... oh my god ! this could suck big time. and it did.

20% of customer cant run this thing. 50$ down the toilet. glad I cancelled !

Mount and blade is so much more fun !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom