Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Citizen Sleeper - Narrative RPG set on a space station by the developer of In Other Waters

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
high time we got us a no truce-type games subforum for this thing and for sir brante and for pentiment and for gamedec etc etc

Silva

Arcane
:hmmm:

Then why you didn't said it first, you furrie fucker.

Edit: I agree these games are not RPGs in the trad sense so yes, a subforum for them would be good. Would help people find more games in the style.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Citizen Sleeper Episode: PURGE - Out Now
Wake up, Sleeper.

Citizen Sleeper’s third and final DLC, Episode: PURGE, is out now!

The news gets better. The game is on sale at 30% off until April 4, AND it launches tomorrow, March 31st on PS4 and PS5.

With the release of Episode PURGE, Citizen Sleeper’s three episode post-launch DLC expansion is now complete and the game has even more to offer with a thrilling late game storyline that delivers an immersive new narrative arc introducing additional characters, lore and locations. Players returning to Erlin’s Eye might even find themselves running into some familiar faces!

1ca984e71a4fd11c531066c35510924800b5b52e.jpg

Since launch, the tabletop-inspired narrative RPG has received high praise from the industry at large, including prestigious award nominations from the The Game Awards, the IGF Awards, the D.I.C.E. awards, a British Writers Guild Award, and last week, received the "social impact" award from the Game Developer's Choice Awards.

Citizen Sleeper is also up for four BAFTA Game Awards! Tune into the ceremony today in just under an hour at 18:50 BST / 10:50 PT on the BAFTA's Twitch channel[www.twitch.tv] to see if it wins!

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
One of the bigger components of the first DLC chapter is a series of fetch quests offered by the bleeding heart stronk bipoc and troon to help the refugee flotilla first leech off and then blast through station defenses to dock. I ignored them, assuming that it would decrease the chance of success. It changed nothing. Then during the actual event, there are other choices and even whenn purposely choosing the worst ones (although there were no real bad ones) they always succeed.

:rage:

Silva

Arcane
One of the bigger components of the first DLC chapter is a series of fetch quests offered by the bleeding heart stronk bipoc and troon to help the refugee flotilla first leech off and then blast through station defenses to dock. I ignored them, assuming that it would decrease the chance of success. It changed nothing. Then during the actual event, there are other choices and even whenn purposely choosing the worst ones (although there were no real bad ones) they always succeed.

:rage:
Don't know what you're talking about. I failed to do some quests and that NPC was arrested while trying to cross the blockade. So the mission indeed failed for me.

The fact the game doesn't have an end game state doesn't mean it lacks setbacks or bad consequences (I agree those consequences could be harsher and the overall sim- aspect tougher, though).

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just finished this. What a ride. A well-written story that you can influence (and mess up) in numerous ways. Memorable NPCs that you actually care for. An oppressive world that always tries to backstab and fuck you over. And all this is illustrated with minimalistic visuals of the station, lots of simple icons, and a bit richer, but still static images of characters. But told in the brilliantly crafted text. Truly, proof that indie games are alive and kicking, able to create engaging narratives that hold you in your seat for hours without enormous budgets and countless teams of overworked programmers and artists.

I like how there are too many plotlines to follow, too many places you have to be at the same time, there is no way you can do a completionist run, not without tons of metaknowledge at least. I had to abandon some questlines simply because my spaceship was leaving and I had tickets to get myself and my friends out of the station.

I abandoned the refugee flotilla questline. Messed up the mercenary questline, which led to the death of the captain's ex-crewmember and his sleeper love. Didn't get to help Feng and uncover Hardin's clique, despite getting quite deep into this questline, at this point, I simply had no time left. However, I managed to become friends with the Overlook owner and helped her set up a distillery. Created a mushroom farm in the Avery for citizens of the Eye to use for generations. Eliminated two corporate assassins sent after me. Stopped the Hunter. And most importantly, helped Lem and Mina find a better life on board of Sidereal and in them found a new family.

I've read that's the best ending. Probably it is so. There are few happy endings on the Eye so I left it behind with good friends I've gathered on the way.

I'm curious what the creator of Citizen Sleeper will do in a sequel. The first game truly has the heart in the right place.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just finished this. What a ride. A well-written story that you can influence (and mess up) in numerous ways. Memorable NPCs that you actually care for. An oppressive world that always tries to backstab and fuck you over. And all this is illustrated with minimalistic visuals of the station, lots of simple icons, and a bit richer, but still static images of characters. But told in the brilliantly crafted text. Truly, proof that indie games are alive and kicking, able to create engaging narratives that hold you in your seat for hours without enormous budgets and countless teams of overworked programmers and artists.

I like how there are too many plotlines to follow, too many places you have to be at the same time, there is no way you can do a completionist run, not without tons of metaknowledge at least. I had to abandon some questlines simply because my spaceship was leaving and I had tickets to get myself and my friends out of the station.

I abandoned the refugee flotilla questline. Messed up the mercenary questline, which led to the death of the captain's ex-crewmember and his sleeper love. Didn't get to help Feng and uncover Hardin's clique, despite getting quite deep into this questline, at this point, I simply had no time left. However, I managed to become friends with the Overlook owner and helped her set up a distillery. Created a mushroom farm in the Avery for citizens of the Eye to use for generations. Eliminated two corporate assassins sent after me. Stopped the Hunter. And most importantly, helped Lem and Mina find a better life on board of Sidereal and in them found a new family.

I've read that's the best ending. Probably it is so. There are few happy endings on the Eye so I left it behind with good friends I've gathered on the way.

I'm curious what the creator of Citizen Sleeper will do in a sequel. The first game truly has the heart in the right place.
i really like mushroom hivemind ending lol, or if you play the DLC and defended the eye from the flux i think it was a nice ending too. You bought time for independence for the eye a decent time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom