Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Classic: Battle Isle 3 (BI2220 in Europe)

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Has anyone played this turn-based strategy game? It came out a decade ago and is the sequel to Battle Isle 2.

http://www.bluebyte.net/battleisle-e/pr ... e3.asp?id=

Pretty damn sweet. I never played it when it came out, and I'm only playing it now in Windows. You guys should check it out.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Oh yeah, it plays at ANY resolution in Windows and you can resize the panels and stuff. Plays like a modern title.

Fez

Erudite
How does it compare to the previous titles?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's probably the best game in the Battle Isle series. Andosia War was a let down, mainly because it played in real time. It was too hectic. The earlier games were good, but BI3 is like BI2 upgraded tenfold, with its interface, graphics, units and so forth.

Hajo

Liturgist
I've played all of the Battle Isle series (I-IV) and my favorite is BI II

If you like this kind of game, BI III is surely among your top choices.

BI IV is quite different from the former games. Single player mode is very bad, the AI is dumb as dumber can't be. Really, I ve seen bad AIs, but this si the bottom of the low.

BI II and BI III are far better in this regard.

hadack

Novice
Yea the AI of Andosia War was reallz fucked up, which is a shame it could have been a great game. One of the better implementaions of a combination of TB and RT.

Vykromond

Scholar
I loved BI2. How do I buy this? There doesn't seem to be a functioning store (it redirected me to Ubi Soft, which didn't have BI3 in stock). Is it available as freeware?

Fez

Erudite
The open source version that Hajo pointed out is quite good. It's not BI, but it's worth giving it a try if you have an urge for some TB fun.

Stainless

Novice
Always preferred BI3 to BI2. Used to have some fun games with my brother with the original on Amiga.

You can probibly find a copy of Battle Isle Platnium or whatever it's called. Basically, all the BI games, excluding the Andosia War.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom