Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Classic D&D/AD&D/OSR Art

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
That priestess of Lathander though

:shredder:

Anyway, didn't know Ao had priests, or even worshippers, really. Isn't he some sort of hands-off ubergod of the Realms or somesuch?

I think I remember reading about that. The people who worship him don't really get any spells or any other benefits, but they still do it because they have nothing better to do.
They're like a club in which they gather to discuss theology.

KateMicucci

Arcane
cTdcrA0.jpg

What's the artist's name on the top three panels? I can't read it.

KateMicucci

Arcane
What is covering the face of the Bhaal priest ?
It's a black veil.

tjFHSJR.png

What's the artist's name on the top three panels? I can't read it.
It's from Faiths & Avatars and Earl Geier is listed as the interior illustrator.
It's Ned Dameron. Earl Geier did the black and white illustrations. The priests painted in the other style are Victoria Lisi.

Dameron was what I originally thought it said but "Dameron art" just got me star wars pictures.

PapaPetro

That priestess of Lathander though

:shredder:

Anyway, didn't know Ao had priests, or even worshippers, really. Isn't he some sort of hands-off ubergod of the Realms or somesuch?

I think I remember reading about that. The people who worship him don't really get any spells or any other benefits, but they still do it because they have nothing better to do.
They're like a club in which they gather to discuss theology.
There was an old campaign (I forgot where) where the Cult of Ao acted as a type of secret illuminati group that influenced the Realms to avoid another Times of Trouble crisis.
It had a cool subplot where there was a faction within the cult that wanted to do the opposite, to start another Times of Trouble, since they believed it was the only way to get Ao to appear in the Realms again so they could learn more about him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archibald

Arcane
Are you trying to sound smart or are you retarded? Obviously people here are familiar with FF's work.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Frazetta artwork used in D&D/AD&D:
:hmmm:

On the other hand, Boris Vallejo did contribute a cover to Dragon Magazine and to one of the modules in TSR's Conan game:
tumblr_nt14z1jjbU1ro2bqto1_640.jpg
CN3+Conan+Triumphant.JPG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom