Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codecks Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Discussion

A horse of course

The main thread is moving a bit too fast for this, and CDS is steam-oriented, so I've taken precious seconds out of my playboy lifestyle to make this little meeting ground for those of us playing ME3 multiplayer.

I iz "Werehat" on Origin. Poast here to see if we can arrange some matches or dickscuss taktiks and thingies :)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
farkov

L18 Human Sentinel is the only one class I can tolerate. The rest seems to lack tools for certain types. I know Asari Adepts have better set of skills, but I haven't unlocked that class yet, the random crate is being a bitch.
Also, stuck with Phalanx pistol for 18 levels. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Random unlock is so stupid.

Turian Soldier does have an interesting recoil-less mechanic with high ROF. I can actually go full auto with a SMG with 25% chance of not using up ammo and little recoil penalty from mid range. Breaks Atlas shields real quick. But no Warp to quicken the killings. :(

Also, cannot beat wave 10 on Silver. Impossible with random groups unless we have full class sets that cover most enemy types.

Bruticis

FFS, Ed, get to da chopper! You owe me one galactic conquest point.

RK47

Patron
So... Can you guys romance each other in multiplayer? Not trolling, honest to God question.

Unfortunately, Bioware haven't quite caught up with Molyneux, so no getting your BROs pregnant.

Getting the hang of this now (apart from missing that last extraction :M). Most of us have characters at lvl 15 or so, so we may as well try silver at some point.

I think we're going to be fucked over at Wave 10 or so if we ever try the Silver map. Wave 10 is hilariously brutal. I'm talking 3 Brutes, 2 Banshees coming in at once.
Looks like Lv 20 is cap.

Schleichwerbung

Educated
Asari Adept and Salarian Infiltrator are hilariously overpowered.

Salarian Infiltrator, Gold, Solo:
[youtube]

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I would play more but this game is buggy as shit. First time, my weapons did no damage, couldn't get more ammo and my powers didn't work. Second time, I couldn't join any games for 10 minutes. Third time, after forwarding ports, host disconnected and got stuck in a game by myself (even though we had 4 players previously). Not a good multiplayer experience so far.

RK47

Patron
I'm leveling up my human infiltrator now just to see how their game play is. Just hit lvl 9 and outscored my teammates on a bronze run, much to my surprise.
I'm pleased with the class. IMO it's quite fun. And a lot of people are limiting their fun by restricting themselves to sniper rifle usage most of the time.
Carry a heavy pistol like a phalanx and get the +90% dmg bonus when cloaked. Walk up within a few metres of the enemy and plant a bullet into his head.
At 180% recharge rate, that's 3 second recharge for cloak. Enough time to zip behind guardians or atlas.
Speaking of Atlas, carry 2 sticky bombs that does 1200 dmg each. Drop two fun packs and run back while cloaked to the ammo crate. Plant another.

This is very fun.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Very strange. Any problems with the SP? Could be a bad install if so.
Turns out that must have just been a fluke. Things have been smooth for a while now. Wish there was a server browser but I haven't run into any more overt bugs except the occasional floating enemy.

RK47

Patron
I grouped with a bunch of Quarian Infiltrators who kept running Gold difficulty vs geth. Despite wiping 3 out of 5 times, we still succeed on the other 2. Turns out some specialization is the order of the day in higher difficulty. You can't half ass. The top infiltrator was using Black Widow and pick off the geth rockets while my sentinel mow the unshielded targets with 1.23 second throws. When the elites come out, we usually just pile it all in with Warp/Throw effects dropping the armor in seconds.

RK47

Patron
So you want to be a soldier...

01.jpg

I hear you. The Adepts have biotics.
Sentinels take low damage from tech armor.
Infiltrators are pussies with high damage rifles and cloak.
Engineers have a drone and the highest shield capacitors.
Vanguards are unique with their biotic rushes and nova.
All of those and all you Soldiers got is adrenaline & concussive shot.

02.jpg

03.jpg

What good are they, really?

Keep your chin up. Here's how you improve your soldiering skills.

Weapons of War

Ditch the snipers, fuck the shotguns, those are too slow for this sort of action you're going for.

04.jpg

Avenger Mark X is probably the most reliable and fastest firing rifle out there. And it's lightweight to boot. Fuck the rest, the ammo clip on the other rifles are too low and their weight is too high. Buy the Recruit Crates to unlock higher Avenger upgrades. It took me a while, but I did max it out eventually.

05.jpg

Here's your secondary. The Phalanx packs a good punch to armor, but the beauty of this gun is like a lightweight, automatic sniper rifle with the Pistol Scope attachment. A sniper rifle that holds 12 ammo per clip and contribute very little weight is a boon when starting out. To get the Phalanx, buy the Veteran crates and pray hard. Pistol scopes are fair game from the 5k crates. Barrel extensions are veteran.

06.jpg

These two weapons at level 1, leaves your recharge speed at 128%. This is very good for your button of awesome.

"Sir, button of awesome? What button of awesome?" you ask.

The Button of Awesome

07.jpg

This. Concussive shot is a shitty soldier skill that emulates Throw. While packing no punch and no biotic synergy. It will annoy your friends because it bounces enemies and does little damage. But hell, wait for Rank 6 and laugh. Enter Amplification - The reason why soldiers don't suck,

10.jpg

Look at the numbers again. 1.40 sec recharge. You're spamming whatever ammo power you have at 1.4 seconds. Equip the Cryo ammo and you'll ice those fuckers. Equip the Incend. and burn those bastards. Enter a forest, slurp a pussy. You get the idea. This is by far the best skill a Soldier can have. The effect is quite insane when you consider a basic throw does shit against big guns like Brutes and Banshees, but when you spam these babies with burning ammo, it'll start doing some crazy shit like melting down a Bronze brute in 5 seconds.

But no, you won't spam these against Brutes. This is simply your button of awesome. What you need when the heavy hitters come is the button of even more awesome:

08.jpg

Adrenaline Rush. This is pretty self explanatory. With Rank 6 Power Use, Adrenaline Rush allows you to pull off a concussive shot before you hold down your trigger to burn down that poor son a bitch that's asking for it. A Mark X Avenger holds 47 bullets and reloads in less than half a second. Basically when Brutes charge in, you just hold tab, say 'Fuck you' before hitting Adrenaline, fire a burning/freezing concussive shot and hold down the left mouse button, hitting R when you finish your clip.

And that's how you be Soldier, now go kick some asses.

09.jpg

:bro:

RK47

Patron
tl;dr

I already maxed out my CS with the generic damage increase :smug:

Nvm tho, once I hit lvl 20 I guess I'll promote him and try another class.

No, make a female human soldier and experiment.

RK47

Patron
Ah, salarian infiltrator. Probably a mix of power and defensive restoration.
The reason why it's so effective is because they can restore their shield with the Energy Drain attack.
But their killing power really depends a lot on the man on the trigger - let's hope you can handle one-shot-one-kill rifles, Ed.
Missing a sniper shot is really painful to experience.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
ITT, codexers with anime/shepard avatars discuss a popamole shooter they like to play on origin.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Alright guys, lets build some indepth strategies and- :x

Fuck that shit. Lets play and have fun, bros. I'll be ready 5 hours from now. Ed, wake the fuck up.

Bruticis

I fucking hate the unlock system. I can NOT get any assault rifles, seriously, not one single one. *RAGE*

RK47

Patron
Hahah. I finally got the Carnifex. Fucking hell. 60k crates only. Soooo heavy for a pistol.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I fucking hate the unlock system. I can NOT get any assault rifles, seriously, not one single one. *RAGE*
Seriously. Playing as a level 16 Vanguard and I'm stuck with the same old shitty level 1 shotgun. The freemium-style unlocks are paced way too slow and it's really obvious they're trying to "encourage" players to shell out real money by making your character (and difficulty) fast outpace your gear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom