Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Idea Lab

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
Hi all,

This thread will be where all interesting ideas and development for future of Codex that do not yet deserve own thread can be posted.

Basically: Idea of thread is this. You post interesting suggestion or problem of Codex browsing or any Codex related engagement, and we deride how to solve it. This way, fewer threads in Site Feedback, less moderation, and more productive thinking.

Hope you all find this to be of interest and useful as well. Here is a suggestion to start:

Add to top of each thread page, the first post of the thread "OP".

Multiple thread-pages are a problem. I have seen people here go off track very easily, and es[ecially after second or third page. There is one thread here over 200pages! Even though this is amusing and very enjoyable, concentration can be increased by posting first post of thread to each subsequent page.

I have a few other ways to solve this problem, but we will see what people think of this first.

Signing In,

AR :salute:

Tycn

Savant
How about a new general discussion subforum? Science and Technology or somesuch. There are clearly a good deal of intelligent posters but I don't want to wade through a river of shit to get to their posts. There ought to be more than the extremes of semi-serious game discussion and retardation.

Phelot

Arcane
We should have a general discussion for General Discussion. A place to discuss the going ons at the main General Discussion forum.

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
We have one of those, phelot. It is called General Discussion.

Anyways, a Science and Technology forum seems like a good idea, and it might diversify Codex readership base some. Imagine getting some readers of Popular Mechanics in here! If nothing else would be a cool place to discuss sciency games, like SpaceChem. Perhaps we could have an 'ask' system, with established science experts from among the Codex rank, and also from those Codex science experts worth hearing from.

I do have a few more ideas, but as long as there is an atmosphere of general hostility I will have to waist them. I am happy that many of these thoughts which have been expressed are too malformed to deserve threads of their own, and so they validate the purpose of the thread. Thanks to Tycn for his genuine contribution, though.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
r00ffles
revolutionary newfag
take some notes from pretty princess

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
emot-iiam.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom