Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Codex Reviews COPS 2170

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: MISTLand; Power of Law: COPS: 2170

Like me, most of us have to wait a very long time for any turn-based games to come out because of their relative scarcity in the gaming market, at least of late. While I have personally opted for replays of old turn-based titles and RPGs like Jagged Alliance 2 and Battle Isle 3, there have been a few games released in the recent years that try to fill the niche. One such game is the recently released COPS 2170, developed by Russian developers Mistland and published in the States by Strategy First.
<br>
<br>
It was only natural that Mistland would have another attempt at developing another turn-based title after the moderate successes of Paradise Cracked and Alfa Anti-Terror in their Russian homeland, but the reception for the former aforementioned title (the latter is yet to be released elsewhere) was definitely a lot less than spectacular everywhere else. While you may lament the poor sales of the underappreciated Silent Storm (my personal opinion of the game notwithstanding) in the United States, there’s little of value to be found in the box of Paradise Cracked. Nonetheless, Mistland likely follows the principle of ‘trial and error’. Let’s see how their latest offering turned out.
<br>
<br>
Read the COPS 2170 - Power of Law review <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=117>here</a>.

Stark

Liturgist
Exitium, what about the instant kill problem (by enermies outside your visual range) mentioned in IGN review some days earlier? is that a recurring problem? Do you feel IGN's review was too harsh?

dunduks

Liturgist
Stark said:
Exitium, what about the instant kill problem (by enermies outside your visual range) mentioned in IGN review some days earlier? is that a recurring problem?
I think Exitium explained it quite nicely - if you stand wide open without any cover you'll be dead. As for visual range you can upgrade your characters sight by using implants, scanners, cameras, being on higher ground etc.
Stark said:
Do you feel IGN's review was too harsh?
Yes IGN's review was exceptionally horrible, I can hardly it consider a review, I wonder how does one applies to be a reviewer for IGN :?

Fez

Erudite
dunduks said:
Yes IGN's review was exceptionally horrible, I can hardly it consider a review, I wonder how does one applies to be a reviewer for IGN :?

A Codex Exclusive!!!

tomapp9fq.jpg

I would say it was pretty standard for them.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
is ign the only reviewer to review it so far? i think once a few more reviews trickle in well see whether ign was right on the money or complete morons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom