Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CODEX VOTE: Best TACTICAL COMBAT Blobbers Of All Time

Which Are Your Favorite Tactical Combat Blobbers?

• Total voters

SixDead

Educated
What is the best way to fall in love with blobbers? Tried Eye of the Beholder, but real-time combat is not my thing at all. Should I just begin with the Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, or, I don't know, Wizardry 7?

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
What is the best way to fall in love with blobbers? Tried Eye of the Beholder, but real-time combat is not my thing at all. Should I just begin with the Grimoire: Winged Exemplar, or, I don't know, Wizardry 7?
I don't really like blobbers but had fun with Wizardry 8.
Also liked the Buck Rogers goldbox games, but more due to the setting.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
What the hell does BT 4 do in this category? Doesn't it belong to the failed reboot category instead?

If it's a Tactical Blobber, the Wizardry series is as well, and Grimoire.

Codex Year of the Donut
What the hell does BT 4 do in this category? Doesn't it belong to the failed reboot category instead?

If it's a Tactical Blobber, the Wizardry series is as well, and Grimoire.
BT4 combat is in tacticool grid format, it was actually the most enjoyable part of the game. Moving around on the grid properly is really important to not getting your shit pushed in on higher difficulties.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
BT4 combat is in tacticool grid format, it was actually the most enjoyable part of the game. Moving around on the grid properly is really important to not getting your shit pushed in on higher difficulties.

I don't want to call you a retard but ... Oh wait! What's stopping me?

You don't know it yet but you have no idea about what tactical grid combat is.

UFO, tactical (invisible) grid combat.
Fantasy general, tactical (invisible) grid combat
HoMM 1-5 tactical grid combat
King's Bounty, tactical grid combat

If you didn't see the pattern, seeing a grid doesn't define the genre, it's moving around the opponents in a LARGE battle-scape that is.

In Boring Turd 4, you can barely move around in your ridiculously small side of the board, so small you can't play it if you're claustrophobic.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
What is the best way to fall in love with blobbers? Tried Eye of the Beholder, but real-time combat is not my thing at all. Should I just begin with the Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, or, I don't know, Wizardry 7?
M&M 3-5 are great if you want fast-paced gameplay and exploration. Grimoire is great if you want deep character building and combat. Wizardry 7 is better if you start at Wizardry 6, but that game is kind of an eyesore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom