Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Conlan's Claim is still alive. Gets renamed to Unclaimed World.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I think this is never going to be finished.

For example they announced fulltime development around 05/2012. One would expect a lot more progress if they had ever started working in earnest.

I guess it's one of those projects that students came up with during their semester break. When they return to their studies plans and deadlines simply pass by, and finally the whole thing peters out because of rl. It's generally a bad idea to start working on the parts that are easiest and postpone the hard stuff, that's how you get in these kind of situations.

Burning Bridges

So we've been able to play the game in a reasonable way for about 3 weeks now
many half-implemented features that are in the game
So, I'd say we need at least a month before it can be released
we recently got 2 more programmers on the team

Sorry but this does not make much sense. To bring in new programmers so close before alpha sounds wrong. If they have really done that it might be that the code is already a mess.

Burning Bridges

Still hoping the best, and they probably will release something. I just don't believe that they know any more than us how much work they have left.

In that single post, which has been the only activity since July, he admits that they have a working alpha since only about three weeks ago. Basically that's alpha 0.1. From my experience with other games, which have been in public alpha for several years, I think a fully featured game is still years away.

That's also confirmed by the screenshots. They have showed nothing but isometric graphics for years. Only months ago the first images of a UI appeared. And they look great. But next to it says "Interface concept - not implemented".
Judging by that they have spent the last months frantically trying to build a game over a gorgeous screensaver before it gets outdated, or major people moved on. One can only hope that they get away with it somehow.

Burning Bridges

Getting close to release
by kubluu on Nov 17, 2013, under Uncategorized

As some of you may have noticed, we passed another release estimate without actually releasing the game. However, the game is well underway, and we are busily putting together all the missing pieces. There are some bugs popping up here and there, but we feel that all of the hard problems have been solved now.

We have started playtesting in the office to make sure that the interface is understandable, and we will continue doing some more tweaks in that department. You can see a few new in-game screenshots in the gallery. We won’t make the interface super pretty this time around, we will postpone the final polish till later.

Now is the time to fill up the demo level with interesting resources for the player to discover, and make sure that all of our creatures get a chance to shine…we do this by tweaking their behaviour, their role in the resource chains and their animations.

So it’s nice for us to see the game shaping up. But, we won’t give a new release estimate other than “very soon”!

Yeah, this time, you'll notice I didn't put a specific estimate for the release....but don't let that worry you, it doesn't mean that the game has stopped progressing..only means that we've finally realised that we are terrible at estimating time frames! So, for now, I'll just use the word "soon".....I like its vagueness. (if we cross that deadline, I'll make a new one, called "soon-ish" ...and after that: soon-ish-ish
icon_e_wink.gif
)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
These guys are either doing this on the side or are living on that development grant they got. Well, glad to see it is still alive. In a way. It's pretty clear the game when and if released will be nothing like the thing they once pitched.

Burning Bridges

We have a new trailer that shows the workings of the game. It should give an honest impression of where we are with the first episode which we call “The Lost Explorers”.

We have started closed bug testing on a larger scale where volunteers help us get rid of crashes, technical issues and game breaking bugs. If you’re interested in this, check the forum post about how to apply.

You can also help us get onto Steam by voting on our Greenlight page .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08qEpiE5i9c

We hope to get a public, stable demo out soon – shouldn’t take long now. Stay in touch!

LOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom