Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cool Shit They Should've Done

Binary

Liturgist
Lumpy said:
You should've been able to overthrow both the queen and Vaklu on Onderon and put a democracy instead.

Who cares about that?! You should've been able to ROMANCE MIRA!!!!!111!!11!eleven

Mareus

Magister
Volourn said:
"AI of your party members"

Why? As per your NWN1 needs; NWN2 comapnies can be player controlled. Why the hell would people beg for player controlled NPCS then whine that the party AI sucks? It's illogical.

Volly goddamit, do I have to draw everything for you? NWN2 was a huge improvement when compared with NWN1 in all regards, but AI of the party members was awful. You either had to completely remove it, which due to clunky 3D camera would lead to literaly micromanagment of every single move of your party, or you could leave some AI on and during fighting correct all the stupid moves your party tried to do with commands and more micromanagment. The 1 st is bad because micromanagment requires a lot of concentration and sometimes due to clunky 3 D camera you just would not notice your character is standing and doing nothing while some orc is bashing his head. The 2 nd is bad because no matter how you configure the AI, your party will always try to do something stupid and due to clunky 3D camera that tends to get annoying. After 20-30 minutes of testing the game I finally managed to find the optimal combination of AI and micromanagment that was satisfying. I turned off everything except defending when you are attacked. But that led to another problem, because your party would often try to run after the enemy even if there were traps and stuff infront of them. I had to use commands to tell them to stop, but to pets even that was not enough. The pets would stop for a second and after that charge at the enemy again. So no matter how I set it up it was not nearly good as Baldur's Gate or Icewind dale. That is why I still say NWN2 really needs better AI. Even the pathces didn't fix those problems for me. Is it so much to ask that the characters just defend themselves if they are attacked, but don't charge at the enemy until you give the command? And don't let me start with pathfinding problems, characters not listening to your commands, etc...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
That's dumb. You whine for full party control yet whine about AI. If you have full party control you do NOT need party AI - good or bad. It's fuckin'. Illogical.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Lumpy said:
You should've been able to overthrow both the queen and Vaklu on Onderon and put a democracy instead.

This reminds me of one Dexter's Lab episode, when he kicked all his robots out of the house and told them they were free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom