Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy's (mostly technical) Witcher 2 Initial Impressions

Annonchinil

Scholar
So I guess my 8800GT, 2GB RAM and E6600 will not run it? Oh well.

a budda

Arbiter
Annonchinil said:
shouldn't be bad, but you could do with a new gfx, sell it and add 2x the price of the game and you're set

anyway
on my x3 3ghz task manager shows like 70% load...
is my cpu so good or sth is wrong?
or is the game NOT so much cpu reliant?

Wolfus

Arcane
Crispy said:
Wolfus, I like running EVGA's Precision program to watch my GPU load, although I do have to exit the program to see that. I just use FRAPS to monitor in-game fps.

For CPU load I just use Task Manager, looking at the Performance tab. It updates once per second so you can just quit Witcher 2 and look to see how things were doing.

There are other apps that can measure performance in-game, but they're obviously distracting.

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow. Task manager came to my mind just after I had clicked "Submit" button :)

Wolfus

Arcane
30 FPS (I don't see any picture lagging, but my eyes are not very reliable) on ultra without ubersampling and CPU load is about 95% (!).

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
anus_pounder said:
Core i5-460M, ATI Radeon HD5870 / 1GB DDR5 with 6GB of RAM.
Can I at least run it on medium? Fable 3 is kicking my laptop's ass and Witcher 2 certainly looks far heavier than Fable.

Are you serious? Is that your lappy's config?

I am running this game on 'high' on my desktop and have worse machine than you!

My configuration:

Phenom x2 3.4 Ghz
4GB Ram
Radeon HD5700 1GB DDR4
Win7 x64

It runs smoothly with a little bit of non-gamebreaking lag in huge battles (more than 20 opponents on screen actively fighting). No lag whatsoever outside of combat.

Your notebook should be just fine on High. Damn, I'm 100% sure it will run fluidly with most Ultra settings on.

abija

Prophet
A laptop with same specs as a desktop is not even close in performance, main issue being the lack of space to properly cool the components.
He probably can run it but I wouldn't try fancy settings.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Some more good news:

Michał Kiciński

Guys,

Good news. Patch 1.1 is soon to be released! Test are in progress.
Current ETA is Wednesday evening (Europe time)

Please expect major improvments:) and solution for most of the problems. Including:

- activation/installation problems
- better performance (owners of retail version will notice the biggest difference)
- no more DLC download/activation problems (Troll DLC will be INCLUDED in the patch itself, so
no need to download and install it)
- Nvidia 3D vision problem solved
- invert mouse and keyboard mapping

and many more:)

To be sure that all people will have an access to this patch there will be option of manuall download and installation.

Sorry 4 all problems, we will work hard to be sure that eventually all of you will be fully satified!

Michal
CDP RED
PS. Once this patch is in the tests right now, we already have started working on the next one in which we want to solve some more issues, including hardware specific problems (ie. g35 compatibility). Patch 1.1 seems to be very major one, but still if you don't find your problem on the list, there is a big chance that it will fixed soon in next patch. And we will really do all this ASAP.

http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/27/

Lots of love to these guys. They actually seem to truly care about their customers.

Annonchinil said:

Settings I posted in first page might just work for you. Updated them just now. Looks very pretty with them too. My system is similar in power to yours, except I have more RAM. RAM is so cheap though, I don't know why you still haven't put 4 gigs in yours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom