Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPGs To Look Forward To In 2008/2009

Starwars

Arcane
There are a few nice looking mods for NWN2 in production. Perhaps not stuff that would cater specifically to Codex tastes, but there are some that look quite good.

Rob McGinnis (NWN2 community guy) hinted even more at a NWN2 expansion in the works in a recent thread at the Bioware forums. I'd bet that we see it towards the end of the year/early next year. The real question is whether it will live up to MotB. I doubt it but I suppose it should be given a chance, hopefully there'll be another talented guy like George Ziets stepping up to create something nice.

Personally I'm mostly looking forward to Age of Decadence and Purgatorio. I'm sure Mysteries of Westgate will be a fun time at least as well, I really hope it will be released soon.

Micmu

Magister
Mysteries of Westgate, Age of Decadence, Eschalon B2, Witcher EE, Purgatorio, The Broken Hourglass

Texas Red

Whiner
They made an announcement that Mysteries of Westgate was completed like 2 month ago. What the fuck is it taking them so long to put in on the net?

Starwars

Arcane
Actually, the campaign was completed by Ossian Studios as early as November or December. It's just the DRM thing that needs to be implemented. Kind of ironic since I think Atari has lost more customers due to the delays than they would to piracy were they to release it without protection. It will just be cracked anyways. Also, it's likely keeping Obsidian a bit tied up from actually patching the game as well since they're the ones that have to get the quite likely protection into a patch

I feel bad for Ossian though, having to wait with a completed game for such a long time and trying to keep the general interest up.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Walkin' Dude said:
They made an announcement that Mysteries of Westgate was completed like 2 month ago. What the fuck is it taking them so long to put in on the net?

Atari is working on some code for this and future adventure modules for NWN2, and they still have not finished it yet.

Keldorn

Scholar
Does anyone know the status of the Dropship project ? it was supposed to be like X-Com but with more RP.

keppj0nes

Educated
Keldorn said:
Does anyone know the status of the Dropship project ? it was supposed to be like X-Com but with more RP.

I emailed those guys a while ago and they said it was still in development. Too bad there hasnt been any info on it for so long. I found this rpgcodex website trying to look for info on that game

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
keppj0nes said:
Keldorn said:

I emailed those guys a while ago and they said it was still in development. Too bad there hasnt been any info on it for so long. I found this rpgcodex website trying to look for info on that game

Atari is working on some code for this and future adventure modules for NWN2, and they still have not finished it yet.

It is finished. We just need to set a fire under the lazy Atari code programmer. That and Infogrames recent purchase of Atari US is also probably delaying it.

DefJam101

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
Furry40k.jpg

FurryNoiseMarineFurry.jpg

I fucking love you.

Zeus

Cipher
2008/2009 RPGs I am looking forward to:

1. Age of Decadence (what got me back on an oldschool RPG kick in the first place)
2. Persona 3: FES (definitely not oldschool -- a japanese-style horror RPG that sounds like part FFX, part Bully)
3. Frayed Knights (when's the last time someone made a comedy game?)
4. Mount & Blade (yeah, I just bought it two days ago and have been playing it ever since, but the game technically isn't out yet.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom