Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cultural Influences

AMDG

Novice
Can the hero reach the dimension of the old "gods" via portal ?

AMDG

Novice
I presume the player can travel to the glowing desert . If that is the case , is there a damage over time ( similar to radiation in Fallout ) ?

Adn , if mages are very few after the war , is there a machinery of sorts " in mint condition" capable to activate ( and power ) the portal - or the player will encounter an entity(ies) capable of doing that ?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
AMDG said:
I presume the player can travel to the glowing desert . If that is the case , is there a damage over time ( similar to radiation in Fallout ) ?
No (what for?) and No.

Adn , if mages are very few after the war , is there a machinery of sorts " in mint condition" capable to activate ( and power ) the portal - or the player will encounter an entity(ies) capable of doing that ?
Machinery. Batteries sold separately.

Bradylama

Arcane
No. That angle doesn't fit very well. What you suggest is kinda Morrowind-ish.

Whoah, hey, these are curiousities, not suggestions. Wealth distribution would be an unrealistic nature of the gameworld since pretty much everybody would be gunning for you (in a manner of speaking). I just gotta make sure your shit is packed tight son!

Another question this time about Lore. Is there a type of artifact trade, and if so, would you say it's directly inspired by the Religious Relic industry of the Dark Ages?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Bradylama said:
No. That angle doesn't fit very well. What you suggest is kinda Morrowind-ish.

Whoah, hey, these are curiousities, not suggestions.
Ok, curiosity, my bad.

I just gotta make sure your shit is packed tight son!
God bless you for that. Seriously.

Another question this time about Lore. Is there a type of artifact trade, and if so, would you say it's directly inspired by the Religious Relic industry of the Dark Ages?
No. The main reason is it didn't occur to me at all (I blame the education system and dumb video games), so I did something else. The rich surround themselves with objects of power and prestige (that vacuum tube was worn on a chain as a pendant, for example). That creates the demand, and peasants and explorers look for anything old, bring all that junk to loremasters, etc.

Bradylama

Arcane
Well, if you really think about it, nobody that didn't have some form of protection from the local system would be able to keep an artifact of value without those in power coming along to seize it for the sake of "safekeeping."

If it were like the Middle Ages, you'd just have a bunch of Shysters running around trying to con some slack-jawed yokels, when they don't have religious fervor to make them more gullible, as well as that whole fear of magicky-type doo-dads. There wouldn't be enough common demand to really maintain an industry.

The way you've gone about doing it probably will work out for the best.

This next question may seem a bit silly, but bear with me. The original Fallout had some sexual themes, but it didn't beat your head over them like Fallout 2, and sex wasn't really a tool to further the player character's ends.

Will sex factor any into the player character's choices? Will it be possible to seduce a gullible lad or lady into doing your bidding? If so, could the player character be a nasty whore, or have you gone a more tasteful route?

Alternatively, does sex really factor much at all beyond gender differences?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Bradylama said:
Well, if you really think about it, nobody that didn't have some form of protection from the local system would be able to keep an artifact of value without those in power coming along to seize it for the sake of "safekeeping."
Once the word gets out - absolutely. There are a few "artifacts liberating" quests.

Will sex factor any into the player character's choices? Will it be possible to seduce a gullible lad or lady into doing your bidding? If so, could the player character be a nasty whore, or have you gone a more tasteful route?
Sex as in sexual act? No.

Alternatively, does sex really factor much at all beyond gender differences?
You can play a seductive female assassin armed with a poison kiss; there are a few gender specific quests; sometimes a woman would have a harder/sometimes easier time.

Male characters get a bonus to intimidating, female characters get a bonus to persuasion (we assume that you are pretty and NPCs might pay less attention to what you are saying and as long as it sorta makes sense...). The bonus isn't visible. You won't get a better line because you are a girl, but your "lower level" response might suddenly work.

The Merchants and the Guards favor men, the Thieves and the Assassins are woman-friendly "societies". I think that's it.

Bradylama

Arcane
Good stuff.

One last question until I come up with something more inspired. Will there be togas? :)

Vault Dweller

Developer
You betcha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom