Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D 5e Starter Pack questions

deuxhero

Arcane
That's entirely beside the point. The dice being linear doesn't matter when talking about the final odds on their own, especially not when the linear dice is the same in every example.

It actually does. The average roll on 1d20 is 10.5 with a deviation of 5.77. That means that the dice on average can deviate between 4 to 16 with regularity. Each side of the dice is a 5% chance to land on. Anydice backs me up which is an online tool to figure out dice probability.

https://anydice.com/

Maybe you should learn about dice probability before commenting further.

The thing you're missing is that is 100% irrelevant because the comparison was between 5e and 3e, both of which use 1d20 for everything except damage and very small things (what direction a grenade misses in). It doesn't matter what 3d6 or some other set of dice will do because it's a comparison of two 1d20 based systems.

deuxhero stop being a moron. Literally just stop. You replied to me that the 1d20 wasn't the problem for the game being swingy. I kicked your ass with actual dice probability that backed up my original statement. The point, retard, with the 3d6 bell curve is that you get less swingyness in the rolls. That's because bell curves have the dice fall within a certain parameter to allow for more successes. That's what my entire statement said. Let me refresh your memory of the statement that you went, "Nuhuh".

Again, not the point under discussion. The point was that random numbers matter more in 5E than character modifiers. You are conflating two entirely separate issues.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Again, not the point under discussion. The point was that random numbers matter more in 5E than character modifiers. You are conflating two entirely separate issues.

Again, I didn't you ignorant moron. You did when you said something about my statement. That's you creating a strawman, so you can have a nice steaming hot cup of shut the fuck retard. The adults are talking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom