Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News DA: Awakening Footage

Murk

Arcane
Quick recap for my own sake.

DA is announced as a trilogy. first game comes out with DLCs, has at least 1 expansion, and will no doubt be available in a "gold" version that has all the previously seperately-sold stuff bundled together.

Is every 'episode' of the DA saga going to have the same of stuff-you-can-buy-for-a-game-you-already-bought?

jesus, i can see the money signs...

Mikayel said:
Quick recap for my own sake.

DA is announced as a trilogy. first game comes out with DLCs, has at least 1 expansion, and will no doubt be available in a "gold" version that has all the previously seperately-sold stuff bundled together.

Is every 'episode' of the DA saga going to have the same of stuff-you-can-buy-for-a-game-you-already-bought?

jesus, i can see the money signs...

Don't forget to add the fact that even though ME was intended to be a trilogy, it was already confirmed before ME2 was released that Bioware will be milking it far beyond just 3 games. Expect spinoffs and shit for both DA and ME unless either of them really starts to tank.

Didn't Halo get both an RTS spinoff and some other FPS where you play as a different character? I can't imagine Bioware doing an RTS, they have to know that their ability to make balanced, intesting combat systems is zero so any RTS game would be a huge failure. I can easily see a 4th game where you don't play as shepard though,

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"have to know that their ability to make balanced, intesting combat systems is zero"

Bullshit. ME1, DA, and JE combatare balanced (as far as any game's combat can be), and interesting. So, fuck off fuckface.

P.S. DAS wans't originally annoucned as a trilogy, IIRC. ME was though.

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
I actually thought Anders was a perfect example of the kid Allistair and Morrigan would have had together. It's pretty much dead on.

That would be kinda acceptable if you, like me, don't care much about characters who are a simple amalgam of their parents.

But you just know they simply couldn't be arsed to hire another VA nor make another, unique hairstyle and just picked Morrigan's.

kris

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Looks bloody awful.

Unfortunately I can only say I agree. The lines for Anders felt awful and both characters wasn't really interesting in any way...

Murk

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
Didn't Halo get both an RTS spinoff and some other FPS where you play as a different character? I can't imagine Bioware doing an RTS, they have to know that their ability to make balanced, intesting combat systems is zero so any RTS game would be a huge failure. I can easily see a 4th game where you don't play as shepard though,

well Baldur's Gate was going to be an RTS... so... yeah. it'd still sell ass-loads.

the halo spinoff that was an FPS seems, on paper, to be an improvement if only for the lack of auto-regeneration

Mass Effect: Larry Laffer edition - Shag your way around the galaxy!

Mass Effect: The Citadel - Construct your own apartment on the Citadel and live the life of an ordinary citizen!

Mass Effect: Gaider edition: Attempt to shag your way around the galaxy but fail when the women discover that your hair is fake!

Mass Effect: Skyway - Laugh at this humerus take on the sci-fi epic from Bioware as all the dialogue options are replaced with "Banal" - Paragon "Boring" - Neutral and "Shit" - Renegade!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom