Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daggerfall Unity mods thread

D.R.E.A.M. or retro rendering?

• Total voters

Puukko

Arcane
Hasn't been a rush by authors to update at least. I didn't notice any of my mods being obviously broken when I started a fresh game on 1.0 and played for a bit.*

If you want a good laugh, see what kind of mods show up under most downloaded for the past year.

*well, save for Cities overhaul, but I only just added it, and it's been more or less abandoned already anyway. Traveling to the city of Daggerfall for the first time caused it to either fail to load or for me to fall through the ground. Traveling there with the mod disabled and then enabling it seems to have helped though performance took a big hit so I opted to disable it anyway.

Cliffworms

Novice
So, uhm, I'm rebuilding the mod set-up in v. 1.0.0.

Is there any evidence of mods that no longer work with the V.1 release?
None that I know of. From what I understand, there haven't been mod-breaking changes in the 4 versions before 1.0 (0.16.0-0.16.3), so that should be fine.

Cologno

Educated
FWIW, I rebuilt my modlist using this; the "vanilla+" part specifically. It's really dated at this point, but the game started up with no issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom