Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark and Edgy Tomb Raider includes attempted rape

Deleted member 7219

Who cares about the official Tomb Raider sequel when the fans go on making FMs. :love:

That looks like Tomb Raider. Eidos/Crystal Dynamics should be making something like that, but with better environments and a better character model.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, since these fan missions are made with the Tomb Raider Level Editor, they're running on the TR4/TR5 engine, which is an engine from 1999... which means that this looks really fucking good if you consider what engine it is made on.

Take a look here:
http://www.trle.net/sc/search.php?a...ass=&type=&rating=&sortidx=7&sorttype=2&idx=0
http://www.trle.net/levelsMonth.php

There are a lot of shitty and mediocre missions, but the "top levels ever" and "top levels of the month" lists usually have some really, really good stuff that's definitely worth checking out.

Untermensch

Augur
This could actually be somewhat interesting.

Tomb Raider as a series always was utter shit, from the story, writing, characters, to the gameplay, so it's nice they are trying to make it a bit more ""serious"". Since it will be ""serious"" by today's gaming standards, atleast we will get a few good laughs.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I remember I tried playing one Tomb Raider. I think it was the first release on PS2, can't remember the name (opening sequence has her running through a burning building). I didn't get far before I encountered a retardedly anal jumping challenge and ragequit. I read that the entire series is like that; with some jumping sequences where you have to be perfect or otherwise you die. The problem is I thnk that level of challenge in platforming only works well in a sidescroller where it's more easy to control your moves and the camera is always steady and sensical. For instance, I just played Rayman Origins. Pretty challenging game, and definitely had some anal jumping, but it never felt unfair because it was a sidescroller.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Tomb Raider as a series always was utter shit [...] gameplay

No. They're good action adventures with occasionally tricky puzzles and some exploration and good platforming. TR1 to 4 are excellent games, the new ones are okay too but not as great (Legend is the weakest of the new ones, but Underworld is pretty good and Anniversary is a remake of the first so obviously the level design is solid). They're probably just not your genre. Doesn't mean they're shit.

I remember I tried playing one Tomb Raider. I think it was the first release on PS2, can't remember the name (opening sequence has her running through a burning building). I didn't get far before I encountered a retardedly anal jumping challenge and ragequit. I read that the entire series is like that; with some jumping sequences where you have to be perfect or otherwise you die. The problem is I thnk that level of challenge in platforming only works well in a sidescroller where it's more easy to control your moves and the camera is always steady and sensical. For instance, I just played Rayman Origins. Pretty challenging game, and definitely had some anal jumping, but it never felt unfair because it was a sidescroller.

The opening sequence sounds like Underworld. It's comparatively difficult because of all the fire and it's easy to die there, but overall, the new games are rather easy. The originals are much harder. Never felt unfair to me though, because once you figured out how to properly use the clunky control scheme, making precision jumps isn't hard.

Now, what's really hard are some of the fan missions. Quest of Gold for example has some really, really REALLY anal jumping sequences where you go all :rage: and need 10+ tries to actually make it.

Deleted member 7219

The first release on PS2 was one of the horrible ones... Chronicles or Angel of Darkness. Underworld might have been released on PS2, but whoever bought it for that system must have had brain damage since the PC version was infinitely better in every possible respect... controls, visuals, gameplay, stability...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Oh, Angel of Darkness. Haven't played that one yet, but everyone who's played it says that is has the most horrible controls ever and is buggy as hell. It's certainly not representative of the series as a whole, and was generally regarded as a disappointment by the fanbase.

potatojohn

Arcane
I hope Lara takes control of an UAV at some point and sends some "PREDATOR" missiles at the baddies.

(God fucking damn it I spent 10 minutes on GIS trying to find some sarcastic thumbs up photo but the entire thing is infested by shitty stock company spam.)

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
God fucking damn it I spent 10 minutes on GIS trying to find some sarcastic thumbs up photo

it was a significant challenge but I hope this meets your needs

8730b60d.jpg

bonus:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/allie050295/5402869667/

LaraSoftFridgeRaider.jpeg

http://imgur.com/a/Qydk8
http://imgur.com/a/OWlAP

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I remember I tried playing this one girl. I think it was the first one in my college, can't remember the name (opening sequence has her running through a burning dance hall). I didn't get far before I encountered a retardedly anal social skills challenge and ragequit. I read that the entire womanfolk is like that; with some social skill sequences where you have to be perfect or otherwise you get laughed out of the room. The problem is I think that level of challenge in social skills only works well if the girl is actually a guy, where it's more easy to control your moves and the social interaction is always steady and sensical. For instance, I just played this dude. Pretty challenging game, and definitely had some anal jumping social challenges, but it never felt unfair because it was another Dicksmoker.
Yeah, sorry, you had it coming.

A Lara Croft rape video? Don't mind if I do.

Video: [guy barely brushes a chick's side]
Interwebs: OMG RAPE!

:hmmm:

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Why even adult games look like a childish "omg so mature stuff" harry potter crap? It looks like that game will be just a big cut scene with shitload of qte for mentally crippled audience's amusement.
Plus it's not even a fucking rape attempt. Was it written by a cartoon network employee?

MetalCraze

Arcane
According to Multidirectional it's made like that so you can enjoy your tea and ice cream which is what makes the game fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom