Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dark Souls III Released

Villagkouras

Arcane
Cathedral of Deep is pure Dark Souls experience. After the Road of Sacrifice the Bloodborne references are kept to a minimum. Except maybe the Catacombs that had a Chalice Dungeon vibe.

Shin

Cipher
I can't really fault anyone (on the codex) for not wanting to get familiar with a controller, but as with TW3, it's probably not a good idea to play without one. The game is okay so far, never was a huge DS buff (beat Dark Souls tho) but it's difficulty is fairly manageable. But comparing this to Gothic is just silliness imho, sure they're both 3rd person action games with a non-contemporary difficulty curve but that's where the similarities end. It's more like Severance: Blade of Darkness or however the f that game was called, or Rune if someone remembers that. I would probably like the DS games a lot more if they had some more shit to do then just dungeon crawling.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
but as with TW3, it's probably not a good idea to play without one.
What's with tards spreading this myth? Twitcher 3 fucking sucks with a controller. I tried and fell back to KBM after 5 minutes. More precise camera control and faster UI navigation (specially inventory). Fuck trying to loot corpses with a controller makes you want to kill yourself while geralt fidgets in a circle.

Shin

Cipher
What's with tards spreading this myth? Twitcher 3 fucking sucks with a controller. I tried and fell back to KBM after 5 minutes. More precise camera control and faster UI navigation (specially inventory). Fuck trying to loot corpses with a controller makes you want to kill yourself while geralt fidgets in a circle.

It did seem like a game that could suffer from horrible PC controls but idk I guess I didnt try it. I have defaulted to use a controller for console games.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Nice. You post about this console hipster shit but ignore all real crpg news like the fucking plague.

thesoup

Arcane
I was gonna ask why is this news relevant for RPGCodex, but then I remembered that we have a subforum for Bethesda games.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
Never bought a gamepad, never will. I'm useless with one (tried to play on the office xbox), and the learning curve is just too much for me to go through, even if there was a game that was worth it.

The learning curve of pressing 4 buttons is too much for you?

Seriously?

It does take a while to learn the coordination required for twin-stick control. Jumping straight into a game which is already fairly punishing like Dark Souls without that skill could be super frustrating.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
DS3 is controlled perfect with keyboard and mouse.
Anyone who uses a controller on a PC for this game is a fuckin disgrace

DS3 is controlled perfect with keyboard and mouse.
Anyone who uses a controller on a PC for this game is a fuckin disgrace

It's the best optimization of the series so far, it's a lot easier to browse the inventory with the help of the mouse vs the controller. It would be great if they release an ultimate edition with all 3 releases optimized for KB+Mouse.

I don't doubt that the game is good. But it seems an awful lot like the ultimate manifestation of the kind of game that I got into crpg in order to avoid.
It needs a good computer to run?

I am playing it on a laptop with Nvidia 710m and it runs quite well as opposed to Wither 3 that is unplayable and struggled a lot to make it run but after the first parts was just unplayable. That's what I meant when I was saying that it's a good engine.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Controls are fine with controller... it's how the game was intended to be played (real talk), what is giving me the shits is the lighting bug. You have to (well I have to and lots of others) set the lighting quality to low or the game crashes, especially near bonfires constantly. The game keeps resetting this back to the default which is high every time the program is closed.
Beat the tree boss last night with some randoms and killed an invader punk bitch with another random. You don't get that in TW3. fun times.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I started with a m+k, and as you said, camera control and UI management is so much easier with them. Unfortunately combat and movement itself was still better with a gamepad, so I had to make a decision. I chose gamepad, after dying a lot from Geralt not moving the way I wanted mid combat.

As for DS3, lol at the supposedly "master race" for not being able to learn how to move their two thumbs together. Maybe you should stick your finger into your ass, they fit right in. Roffles.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
SIE SIND FEIGLINGE! VERRÄTER! VERSAGER! SIE IST OHNE EHRE! IMMER MEHR SCHLANGEN IM GRAS VERRATEN DER ALTEN UND MÄCHTIGEN KODEX. ABER ALLE DIESE VERRÄTER BEZAHLEN. MIT IHREM EIGENEN BLUT WERDEN SIE ZAHLEN. SIE WERDEN ERSAUFEN IN IHREM EIGENEN BLUT!

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
I do have a gamepad, and I couldn't play DS with it.

I use joypad for platformer games and such, but orientation in 3D space using analog stick is a pain. Compared to mouse it feels like controlling a robotic camera using buttons vs looking around with your own eyes. You can even tell gamepad gameplay on recorded FPS videos, people often aim by strafing just to avoid the horrible imprecision that is the analog stick.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I was gonna ask why is this news relevant for RPGCodex, but then I remembered that we have a subforum for Bethesda games.
Just be thankful Codex exists. Without the shoutbox you'd have no social life.

thesoup

Arcane
Just be thankful Codex exists. Without the shoutbox you'd have no social life.
With or without it, you are an unlikeable humorless virgin.
0-3. Keep cashing those unemployment checks.
This kid.:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom