Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dawn of War will have second expansion

Levski 1912

Scholar
TAU!!!!

Sorry. Actually hoping for the Dark Eldar myself, but I'm thinking it'll be the Tyranids to balance all the ranged armies.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Balance? Winter Assault isn't anywhere near balanced. Unless you consider a squad of 4 guardsmen and a commissar taking on 8 chaos space marines with furious charge in CC without taking any casualties balanced.

Levski 1912

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
Balance? Winter Assault isn't anywhere near balanced. Unless you consider a squad of 4 guardsmen and a commissar taking on 8 chaos space marines with furious charge in CC without taking any casualties balanced.
How did that happen? Now, I won't claim Winter Assault was anywhere near perfect balance, but I've never noticed something like that...

Spazmo

Erudite
Dark Eldar would be pretty boring given that they'd basically be a reskin of an existing army. Do something new!

Levski 1912

Scholar
Spazmo said:
Dark Eldar would be pretty boring given that they'd basically be a reskin of an existing army. Do something new!
Tyranids, Necrons, or Witchhunters though? The Necrons you fight in the last level of the Winter Assault campaign were strong but very uninteresting.

Necrons would be so fucking awesome. Probably a little difficult to do them justice by their tabletop rules, though (lose 33% or whatever of your army and the rest just goes POOF? How the hell could they balance that while simultaneously keeping them from being super overpowered to compensate...?)

Seven

Erudite
I've always found that games like these leave me feeling unsatisfied. They do an excellent job of combat, but I find that I miss not being able to engage in politics or empire building and other "stuff." I suppose it's no wonder that I've grown found of 4X space games.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Everyone knows that the coolest army in 40k is Chaos, but since they're in the game, the second coolest is Lost and the Damned. So they should do LatD.

Astromarine

Erudite
HMMMMMM...

This is interesting. One of THQ guys posted this in the official forums in response for "what's in store for DOW?":

One answer is only days away...the rest of the fun to come soon after that :)

The first thing is the second expansion, as this quote is a few days old. I wonder what the second is...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom