Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deep Sky Ballad - Space Western Tabletop RPG

AGameofNerds

Barely Literate

Have you ever made your characters live in the frontier land of the Wild West, where man is master of his own life and is free from the chains of an overly pressing society? What if the free lands stretched across the galaxy? Come explore the New Frontier in Deep Sky Ballad, now live on Kickstarter!

Deep Sky Ballad is a Space Western ttrpg with a game system based on Blackjack and very focused on the interpretation of the relationships between player characters, in order to create drama typical of TV series such as Firefly. The Kickstarter campaign is already funded and is about halfway through, it will end on April 13th, but it's not long before we reach the first stretch goal and be able to unlock the possibility of creating your own personalized spaceship! We are waiting for you!

Join the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alcamair/deep-sky-ballad

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Have you ever made your characters live in the frontier land of the Wild West
No, I haven't, but that's as far as I've read the post. There's a lot of things I haven't done. But that doesn't tell me what your game is like.

I then clicked on the trailer, skipped a few times, and found no gameplay footage, just some bad art.

With that, I'm leaving. I'm just in a generous enough mood to leave feedback to let you know why you failed to interest me. No screenshots, no anything. I have no time to actively try to figure out what your game is.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Also your game's name is an anagram for Balls Deap Dyke, which really jumps out at you.

AGameofNerds

Barely Literate
Have you ever made your characters live in the frontier land of the Wild West
No, I haven't, but that's as far as I've read the post. There's a lot of things I haven't done. But that doesn't tell me what your game is like.

I then clicked on the trailer, skipped a few times, and found no gameplay footage, just some bad art.

With that, I'm leaving. I'm just in a generous enough mood to leave feedback to let you know why you failed to interest me. No screenshots, no anything. I have no time to actively try to figure out what your game is.
I'm sorry you got that impression. The video has been specially kept short in this way to give an immediate impression of the setting of the ttrpg (there are no screenshots as it is a tabletop rpg, not a video game). I add the complete presentation movie, where all the features of the game are explained. In any case, I congratulate you for the extreme imagination to find such a vulgar anagram, since it would never have occurred to us (we are not English speakers)

AGameofNerds

Barely Literate

Inspired by legendary settings such as Firefly, Westworld, Borderlands, Trigun or Cowboy Bebop, Deep Sky Ballad is a space western tabletop rpg where the characters play the members of a posse - fortune seekers more or less tightly bound to each other who share their resources and a spaceship in search of purpose or wealth. The game mechanics are based on the Blackjack System, a poker cards based system; it's the same rules system Arcana Familia ttrpg use, and give agency to the player to balance the power and accuracy of an action through what can be considered a subgame.
The Kickstarter campaign is already funded and is about halfway through, it will end on April 13th, but it's not long before we reach the first stretch goal and be able to unlock the possibility of creating your own personalized spaceship! We are waiting for you!
Join the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alcamair/deep-sky-ballad

26143cfa3d809f6bbde4b5051b15a99b_original.jpg

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Please forgive Bester. He is not considered to be among our more... intelligent members.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom