Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Degenesis

MartinK

Learned
Let’s just say that if Degenesis was a CRPG people on this site woudl shit all over it (and for a good reason) except for a small minority that would defend it fiercely.

Well, shit. I just found out that development on Degenesis ended last October, because they weren't making as much money as they expected from their "pay what you want" model. As usual in these cases, a handful of fans ended up paying for all of the development, and 90% if not more of the people just downloaded the PDFs for free, which is what happens in any "freemium" model, but since stuff was getting funded ant a slow but steady pace I guess it was the Marko's ego at play more than anything else.

The site is still up and any already-made PDFs are free to download for the foreseeable future.

in my chase for good rulesets to ransa- i mean, smart ruleset to be inspired by, i stumbled upon this. it looked so stylish, something white wolf would try to shut down. i browsed through the chapters as i felt "this is all very creative, but please get to the point", some hundreds pages later i was "get to the point dude", a couple thousands more and "get to the fucking point!". it just refused to.
i don't even remember if i reached the actual rules.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
That tends to happen when you read the lore book instead of the rule one.
Although this is a very simple d6 system which doesn't really try anything new, so you didn't miss much.

To be honest, it's the kind of system you would have expected to find in a WoD game (but with d6 instead of d10), and much like the WoD games, the interesting bit was the setting.

MartinK

Learned
System was generic and the setting was a mess. Nothing of value was lost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom