Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Desperate Gods - Open Source Boardgame

Random

Arcane
Patron
Berekan, Ed and I played a quick game of this and agreed that it shows a hell of a lot of potential, and hope that somebody picks up the source code and runs with it. It could easily be adapted into a general purpose tabletop gaming program or specifically a Magic: The Gathering digital playing field.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The game itself looks meh, but the interface is pretty sweet. Now all we need is for someone to sit down and make components for twilight imperium :3

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The game itself looks meh, but the interface is pretty sweet. Now all we need is for someone to sit down and make components for twilight imperium :3

:bounce:

Better yet: Components for TI with an easy tile-creator to make your own universe!

:bounce:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
No, but it's a very nice virtual tabletop and it looks to run a lot smoother than VASSAL. I also like the physics engine, because that means we can have the cube tower of the new Shogun game :P

Yeesh

Magister
I was a bit sad to hear the gentleman in the video say the base game is a mixture of Chutes & Ladders and Diablo. But I sure found it exciting that this is open source and could be modified to support who knows how many awesome games. But then I was a bit sad again to see there doesn't seem to be much of a modding community or much of a community at all. Anyone heard anything exciting about this lately, like a decent conversion or two? Or is there some similar program that's better and totally eclipsed it? Or are boardgames super unpopular these days. Fantasy Flight Games seems prosperous enough...

Random

Arcane
Patron
I was a bit sad to hear the gentleman in the video say the base game is a mixture of Chutes & Ladders and Diablo. But I sure found it exciting that this is open source and could be modified to support who knows how many awesome games. But then I was a bit sad again to see there doesn't seem to be much of a modding community or much of a community at all. Anyone heard anything exciting about this lately, like a decent conversion or two? Or is there some similar program that's better and totally eclipsed it? Or are boardgames super unpopular these days. Fantasy Flight Games seems prosperous enough...

There's a handful of similar programs but none incorporate real physics. This is the best, best way to make a digital playing environment but you're right, nobody cares enough to modify it to play other games at all.

Also, boardgames are extremely unpopular these days, FFG is just the exception thanks to WARHAMMER 40K.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom