Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Developers release pirate torrent of their own game

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Commander Xbox said:
Fluffer said:
What a bunch of hypocrites in this thread, holy shit.

Oh, and @Ulminati you little beacon of morality, you.

Both of the games you mentioned pirating (or borrowing) have demos to, you know, try them out before buying.

Yeah this thread is mind blowing with the amount of mental gymnastics going on to justify stealing lol.

At least Redgar or whatever his name is has the balls to just come out and say he cant be fucked paying for the games.
Actually, it's an ideological battle between pirates that believe that they should buy stuff they like and can afford and pirates that believe that they shouldn't buy anything that is available for free.
It's not like all pirates follow the same code and love each other and stuff like that.

And judging by what you say, you're just another sociopath that can't understand behaviour of actual humans or a stuck up moralfag that won't ever pirate anything. Either way, you're an enemy.

Commander Xbox

Learned
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Commander Xbox said:
Fluffer said:

Both of the games you mentioned pirating (or borrowing) have demos to, you know, try them out before buying.

Yeah this thread is mind blowing with the amount of mental gymnastics going on to justify stealing lol.

At least Redgar or whatever his name is has the balls to just come out and say he cant be fucked paying for the games.
Actually, it's an ideological battle between pirates that believe that they should buy stuff they like and can afford and pirates that believe that they shouldn't buy anything that is available for free.
It's not like all pirates follow the same code and love each other and stuff like that.

And judging by what you say, you're just another sociopath that can't understand behaviour of actual humans or a stuck up moralfag that won't ever pirate anything. Either way, you're an enemy.

Wow, so pirates that are impressed with a product they stole actually pay for it? gee how generous and noble of them. Shut up faggot. I have more respect for pirates that are straight up theiving than the pussies and nerds trying to justify it.

visions

Arcane
Commander Xbox said:

Yes, the arguments in this thread are truly a veritable example of mental gymnastics, and not simple common sense. Opening a door with the matching key must be an act of mental gymnastics to you as well.

Seriously, some people who do not want to spend their money on a product the quality of which they can't be assured of will gladly buy the product in question once they'll be convinced that it's worth their money. Fucking brian surgery, mang.

But wait, I forgot, people are not supposed to act in a rational manner ("I believe good things should be supported. Before supporting something, it would make sense to find out, whether it's worth the support"), instead they should be either black ("I steal everything HURR") or white ("I buy everything DURR") caricatures.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Commander Xbox said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Commander Xbox said:
Fluffer said:

Wow, so pirates that are impressed with a product they stole actually pay for it? gee how generous and noble of them. Shut up faggot. I have more respect for pirates that are straight up theiving than the pussies and nerds trying to justify it.
So, you respect sociopaths because they never buy anything? It doesn't have any practical value. Go and kill yourself subhuman moron.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
My philosophy on pirating/stealing or not pirating/stealing:

1. Can this item be returned if I dislike it?
2. If yes, buy it.
3. Otherwise, pirate it and buy it if I liked it.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
CrazyLoon said:
My father has been pirating years before I was even born. I have never bought a single legit copy of any digital product in my entire life. Piracy thrives in China.
Admittedly, ppl who are in China and buy games must be strange.

Commander Xbox

Learned
visions said:
Commander Xbox said:

Yes, the arguments in this thread are truly a veritable example of mental gymnastics, and not simple common sense. Opening a door with the matching key must be an act of mental gymnastics to you as well.

Seriously, some people who do not want to spend their money on a product the quality of which they can't be assured of will gladly buy the product in question once they'll be convinced that it's worth their money. Fucking brian surgery, mang.

But wait, I forgot, people are not supposed to act in a rational manner ("I believe good things should be supported. Before supporting something, it would make sense to find out, whether it's worth the support"), instead they should be either black ("I steal everything HURR") or white ("I buy everything DURR") caricatures.

Well no because what if the product doesnt impress you enough to buy it? Then the devs are out of money. You dont walk into a store, take a coke, sprite and fanta out of the fridge then go ''hmmm, only the coke impressed me enough to pay, here you go'' Theres tons of youtube video walkthroughs and gameplay of nearly every single game out there. just admit youre a jew who doesnt want to pay bro. do you even care bro!?!!?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
That's bullshit.

Occasional pirating is the same as walking into a gas station and browsing maps or journals for free, borrowing books or DVD from friends, watching a concert from outside a fence, reusing a train ticket that was not stamped the first time, etc etc etc

No one ever found anything wrong with all that until copiable media came around. It changed when the content industry came and brainwashed people, and we have hypocrits like the newfag above who bore us to death with age-old, petty arguments.

Archibald

Arcane
And i thought that my generation was bad... These newfags are on another level of idiocy.

And that interview with Geiman was pretty much spot on, i haven`t spent a cent on music cds but i discovered few bands that i really like and have went to their concerts multiple time and as result gave them more money than i would have had if piracy wasn`t possible.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Archibald said:
And that interview with Geiman was pretty much spot on, i haven`t spent a cent on music cds but i discovered few bands that i really like and have went to their concerts multiple time and as result gave them more money than i would have had if piracy wasn`t possible.

Yeah, similar here. I've downloaded a 7 gigabyte torrent of scifi and fantasy literature, skimmed through some of it and bought the books that seemed promising.

HURR PIRACY STEALS PROFITS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom