Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo, D2 and Warcraft 2 avatars

Seymour

Liturgist
So, I was dicking around with MPQ editors and decided to make some avatars out of the graphic files. Here's a couple for preview:

Leoric ended up looking like ass because I couldn't for the life of me figure out which .trn file was used in-game, and it seems he is colored like a Burning Dead by default. Anyway, what say you, DU? Avatars++?

Seymour

Liturgist
Well, doesn't the Codex host Tacticular Cancer forums? Plus, it's not like codexian standards of RPG-ness are applied to avatars around here, or else there would probably only be those from Arcanum and Fallout and people would argue furiously about wether Torment qualifies.

Still, I might get around to it if I can find my W3 and Frozen Throne cds around.

sportforredneck said:
Make the sorcerer one Defjam's, he's a nignog.

2802jyt.png

Dairynegro mk II?

Seymour

Liturgist
Gee golly, it sure would be nice to have some kind of admin person around to add avatars. Also, Starcraft avatars now up.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The picture there is just a sample, duh.

Also, what the hell are those "Trader" and "Tremain" pics from the D1/Hellfire avs? Cut content?

Seymour

Liturgist
PlanHex said:
Also, what the hell are those "Trader" and "Tremain" pics from the D1/Hellfire avs? Cut content?

Yep. You find a lot of cool stuff digging around the game files, like a "food" item which would probably have ruined my enjoyment of the game. Tremain was an NPC who'd give you a couple of quests, including one involving Izual and his Azurewrath sword. The Trader is from Hellfire, don't know much about him except he would reward you with a random magic item for completing his quest.

This site has a lot of info on Diablo's early builds (seems it was supposed to be turn-based at first), even an alpha version for download. Worth checking out if you're into that sort of stuff.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Why would I be posting in this thread?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom