Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Digital: A Love Story" - nostalgic adventure

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Just found out about this

http://www.scoutshonour.com/digital/

It's a text adventure played in a fake Amiga Workbench OS, set in the BBS culture of 1988. Apparently it is pretty good. Should get your nostalgia gland pumpin'. Has some cool chiptune music.

Gonna post impressions once I check it out.

Tycn

Savant
Tried it a while back, not really my thing but definitely well crafted. Would recommend.

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well that was a fun way to while away an afternoon.

I loved the interface. I say again: DAMN! i love games with interfaces like that. I popped boners over Uplink when it came out, and I popped boners over this game, even though the puzzles were too basic for my liking...which, by the way, is my only complaint.

What o you want for a free game, though? It didn't have it all, but it certainly has a lot, which is more than you can say about most games that you have to pay for.

zeitgeist

Magister

Well, that was quick! So I'll be brief too: neat interface, predictable plot, not intellectually engaging at all, and very obviously aimed at people who just weren't there, man. Oh well.

saenz

Scholar
Played this one about a year ago. It's interactive fiction in the literal sense. It's short (about an hour or two) and linear. Luckily though, it's incredibly well written and easily worth an hour of your time.

One of the few choices you can make is to plead for your girlfriend's life. You can keep drawing it out and the writing is just heart-wrenching.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It's cute and surprisingly well-done. It's more about storytelling than being an adventure game though, and even if it's not deep it's still original and well-crafted to warrant an hour or two of your time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom