Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Note that if you do hit a situation where you would die by running out of health or morale, you can instantly use your consumables to restore health/morale and not die.

Didn't notice that until like day 5, but then again it wouldn't have saved me from dying from a heart attack in the first room due to turning the lights on with only 1 endurance.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Note that if you do hit a situation where you would die by running out of health or morale, you can instantly use your consumables to restore health/morale and not die.

Didn't notice that until like day 5, but then again it wouldn't have saved me from dying fron a heart attack in the first room due to turning the lights on with only 1 endurance.
Yeah, I've realized that only when reached Evrart w/o Kim and given this meeting was obviously plot-mandatory I figured they wouldn't cut many low volition builds so bluntly.

That said, when I've tried to restore morale during the dialogue and it worked I was like "What?! That easy?" No restriction whatsoever did feel a bit werid.

Black Angel

Arcane
Well, in case of Disco, when you got 1 HP/Morale left and took 'damage', it wasn't instant, but treated as slowly losing that 1 HP/Morale. Hence, why you got a chance to heal. I discovered it from deducing why the 'damage' I took while only having 1 HP/Morale left takes time, instead of instantaneously like normal. That we can use healing items while in-dialogue. Too bad they didn't expand this mechanics to the rest of the items. Would be cool to conjure up inventory while in-dialogue and get Harry to light up cigarette/take a sip from his bottle. Or various other usage.

jackofshadows

Magister
Too bad they didn't expand this mechanics to the rest of the items. Would be cool to conjure up inventory while in-dialogue and get Harry to light up cigarette/take a sip from his bottle. Or various other usage.
Except they did :P You can put any drug into one of the two "tool" slots and use it during any dialogue/interaction to increase chance of checks on the fly.
miOtC98.jpg

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
I had noticed the ability to spam smokes or drinks during conversation to enhance scores.

If they changed the mechanics, this would be lost which betrays the game design. You have agency, you have drugs and can use them in appropriate, or inappropriate, situations.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
With Chinese localization update and 25% discount, DE hit a new concurrent player peak (8,081). Launch week peak was 5,157.

Likely will hit another new peak this weekend.

Starwars

Arcane
Did anyone try to play this with the Hardcore mode enabled yet? Does it feel like, shall we say, *BALANCED*, or just a sort of needless addition?

jackofshadows

Magister
Some proper DE experience on 9-27. Besides hilarious reaction it promted a bit of a discource on the subject. I think it's interesting to reflect about how the game would feel if all the checks would have been determined. As much as I love determined skill checks I'm not 100% sure it actually would be beneficial to the game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:shredder:
Why is he bragging about being a poser??? He says that he have a bunch of tabletop games that he hasn't even played and that is very cool.

jackofshadows

Magister
Why is he bragging about being a poser??? He says that he have a bunch of tabletop games that he hasn't even played and that is very cool.
Collector's pride, simple as that. How do you suppose he'd play them anyway? On his relatively rare occations when some group meets they usually have specific game in mind already and waste the entire session on some obscure game which might be not fun at all is dubious.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Collector's pride, simple as that. How do you suppose he'd play them anyway? On his relatively rare occations when some group meets they usually have specific game in mind already and waste the entire session on some obscure game which might be not fun at all is dubious.
Nah that is the cuck's pride,i to am collector of antiques. I bask in their glory and masturbate from joy,love touch them,play with them etc etc. You don't collect shit just to stay on your bookshelf gathering dust,that is what posers do lol.

jackofshadows

Magister
Nah that is the cuck's pride,i to am collector of antiques. I bask in their glory and masturbate from joy,love touch them,play with them etc etc. You don't collect shit just to stay on your bookshelf gathering dust,that is what posers do lol.
Some of them he bought years ago when he couldn't flash that shit during casual twitch session. So my money still on hoarding, posturing is just a bonus :smug:

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Currently replaying PS:T, once I'm done I might give this a shot.
Can you RP as a fascist and how's the C&C in this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom