Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

I missed the allegedly awesome gameplay so, it happens.

It wasn't awesome, it was an easy power fantasy. Nonetheless, it did give you a lot of fun toys to play around with and levels that are open enough to make that enjoyable. Not like we have that. many games of this type to choose from. If Dishonored 2 delivers at least that much again I'm sure some hipster chick being added to the writing team isn't gonna make much of a difference to me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, I don't know why people think Dishonored writing was any good to begin with, it had a pretty weak story and dialog, it was the enviromental storytelling that made it interesting.

It was intentionally Thief-y.

I also liked how the nonviolent solutions were a fate worse than death.

By the by, on the subject of Thief, I remember when Thief 2 added female guards because there were complaints about the lack of parity in the first one. Inconsequential stuff.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
In other news, Dishonored: Definitive Edition for PS4/Xbone is out and it is literally the exact same game as the PS3/360 version, including glorious 30 frames per second.

lolzbbukp.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's like Baby's First Thief. Has good atmosphere but piss easy. Go lethal and enjoy killing people with all the wacky powers. It's arguably easier to ghost it.

Nuclear Explosion

It's like Baby's First Thief. Has good atmosphere but piss easy. Go lethal and enjoy killing people with all the wacky powers. It's arguably easier to ghost it.
It's closer to Deus Ex than Thief. Anyway it's not like Thief or Deus Ex are challenging.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Couchpotato probably just posted that because he saw it on GameBanshee. The question is, why do they consider it an RPG.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't think they consider it an RPG. Like us, they tend to sometimes cover non-RPGs of merit, and personally I think that's a good thing.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
If only arcane was working on prey 2 instead of dishonored

It won't be called Prey 2 but Arkane Austin definitely is working on this. It's not confirmed by Bethesda but it's heavily rumored Arkane is working on two projects. Dishonored 2 led by Harvey Smith in Lyon and the "Prey 2" project led by Raf Colantonio in Texas.
It will most likely be announced once Dishonored 2 is released in Spring 2016 and will release in late 2016.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
An excellent game, but like in Mass Effect 2, I finished the game without investing a single skill point (those whale runes). I think that says it all about the already minimal rpg elements it has, which are mostly upgrades to let you kill people in more amazing and hilarious ways. It's like upgrading your car in carmaggedon or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom