Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
While I think the effect of Denuvo on performance is greatly exagerated
I know how it works, and it has shitty performance. You basically pay electricity bills caused by DRM.

What's Denuvo? The new Securom/Starforce?
Worse. It's a former VMProtect, from the creators of SecuROM.
Basically, you run a game inside a virtual machine, which obfuscates the code, and makes it impossible to crack. Obviously, at the cost of performance.
Yup.

I think they should make Denuvo illegal, and forcing DRM removal n years after release by law. (In fact when I'd be appointed to comittee which decides if each game is fit for selling in the country, I'd order the DRM removal in half year or rule game using Denuvo/TAGES/Any other crap unfit for selling as merchandise. Thus make it illegal to sell in the country, INCLUDING through internet transactions like as Steam.) Initial protection is important. But you must think also on artistic influence of population, and about grievance it causes to legal users. (And all these illegal users have children who can have paid job, and its theirs problem how to decide to spend money. Perhaps they would sponsor a kickstart campaign to get game they'd like.)

But we are living in ages when robbing is a norm when it makes profit for company. The things that's worrying me is the worst games are using Denuvo... Even CIV VI didn't, and it's decent game. TW:Warhammer did, and even pirates didn't gave a shit. I'm kinda glad I didn't bother to take it at half price for pre-order. Now a disabled ex-programmer has more money for dentist.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
HoboForEternity you are either being deliberately retarded, you are actually retarded or you can't read.

AQpL4Ak.jpg

I'll make the relevant part bigger in case you still struggle.

fJBBe0n.jpg

LESS T_T even pointed it out to you and still you choose to ignore it. If you are genuinely butthurt about not being able to install it on more than 5 PC's in one day then you are undoubtedly a very special kind of consumer. Even being generous and saying you do actually have more than 5 PC's you want to install it on, it hardly seems worthy of tears to have to wait 24 hours to install it on the rest.

I'm not defending Denuvo as I'm not keen on it either due to the stories about it placing extra wear on the hard drive, and nor am I buying Dishonored 2 as I thought the first one was boring as hell despite the excellent art direction, but if you're going to ride the Denuvo hate train at least pick the right carriage to jump on.

Latelistener

Arcane
It doesn't really matter, whether there are 5 activations, 10 or 100 within a day.
It's an anti-consumer practice, and publishers who introduce that kind of crap do not deserve to be supported.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Folks do you understand that identifying a PC is violation of a user's privacy?

If you remember about what I wrote about Bioshock, the problem was they forgot to return activation after uninstalling and then... Some users deleted windows to have clean installation and previously experimented with new GFX cards which they bought for Bioshock. You understand how livid they were when they discovered about that activation limit.

You install it on laptop to see intro... change one component on PC change other component on PC, show it during visit of your friend, then try to install when you will have to play it at home... The activation limit is just because of what Voksi did.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You know why people are upset about these activations "per day"? Because it smells like "small steps" tactics, next time there will be no "per day", not even more than that.
It's a pity all that shit happens to Arkane, only one of the few decent devs group these days...

inb4. "there were already 5 activations limit overall"

pippin

Because it smells like "small steps" tactics, next time there will be no "per day", not even more than that.

This is what you should have to worry about.

In the case of Dishonored 2, the game has the following layers:

-Internet connection
-Steam account
-Steam client
-Denuvo antitamper
-Activation limits

It doesn't even look like you're renting the game anymore.

Sodafish

Arcane
lol. The graphics look barely any better than the original, and that ran just fine.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I want to play this on day one but that would just suck since it's 2016 and games are never playable until a handful of patches have come out :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom