Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diver Deep Water Adventures

Morkar Left

Anybody knows the game? I´m playing it right at the moment.

It´s a diving-sim / fps underwater adventure. You start with a boat and some cash for diving equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T93ruTTjoP4&feature=related

The game has a mainplot about the search for Atlantis. The 3D-Engine is older but manages to create the right atmosphere. The gameplay mechanics simulate the reality very well. The controls are a bit arcadelike compared to reality (fast reaction), but you seem to need this. There´s fatigue, movementspeed depending on your load, caisson disease with the need in decompression stops if you are going up and some other conditions.

At first you have to do an annoying diving tutorial to get your license. After that you get your first job. A friend from one of your friends from your father (yeah...) wants you to get some papers back that are lost in his sunken yacht. I thought this would be a very easy mission. Instead I became sharkfodder :(

I just started the game and I can not say how it turns out in the end but so far I really enjoy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom