Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga Review

MetalCraze

Arcane
roll-a-die said:
Only flaw is the propensity of it to throw random platforming sections at you.
Hah? I found them to be one of the better parts in the game and I hate platforming in action games. Due to traps and precise timing needed to overcome them. Hard but fun.

As far as the no generators go, are you talking about the mook makers that spawn things in, in which case from what I've seen those are still there. or are you talking about honest to ged power creating things, in which case I can't comment, as I didn't actually play Leggo my Eggo Draconis.
Power generators created anti-dragon fields in flying fortresses that forced you to destroy them first which judging by how those fortresses are even without them multiplied unneeded grinding by fuckteen times.

So a game with good background for characters and places is now a LARP sim? Wtf are you talking about? It's not about a portion of text on the screen, it's about how believable the gameworld is. And those exemples of yours had a lot of it
It's a silly complaint for a game like this. The last thing I would want in my straightforward action game is to listen for 30 minutes about how even this shitty goblin has a soul.

DraQ

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
roll-a-die said:
Hah? I found them to be one of the better parts in the game and I hate platforming in action games. Due to traps and precise timing needed to overcome them. Hard but fun.
They were pretty doable, I only had actual problem with them once.

Power generators created anti-dragon fields in flying fortresses that forced you to destroy them first which judging by how those fortresses are even without them multiplied unneeded grinding by fuckteen times.
So they removed about the only thing about fortress busting that kept it from being sleep inducing?
:rage:

It's a silly complaint for a game like this. The last thing I would want in my straightforward action game is to listen for 30 minutes about how even this shitty goblin has a soul.
Well, you could decline offer to bring some fucktard goblin hearts by saying you don't kill for lulz or something.
:smug:

CraigCWB

Educated
MetalCraze said:
The last thing I would want in my straightforward action game is to listen for 30 minutes about how even this shitty goblin has a soul.

Oh. Well, that's probably my problem right there. I didn't realize it was a "straightforward action game". I thought it was an RPG.

My bad.

Why is it being discussed on RPG codex?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
The main problem however is the quest selection, you are able to see what quests are open but there are no map hints or mini map markers to point you in the right direction, this may be great for some players who relish adventuring but others will find aimlessly wandering around a mite stressful

i give this review a score of British out of Retarded.

Ruprekt

Scholar
It's an action RPG with some of the trappings of a 'proper' crpg (e.q. dialog + C&C).

I never took those as a promise to be something other than it is... I guess that's why I didn't feel betrayed/cheated by the game.

roll-a-die

Magister
MetalCraze said:
roll-a-die said:
Let me clarify, the platforming sections are well done, I just don't think they really fit the motif. Why would Barnabus protect his generator with a massive platforming section, can he fucking levitate, or does he just throw zombies at it for hours, Every time he needs to piss off the side of his platform. Why does Barnabus even need generators to power a force field when it appears that he can just feleport around the fucking thing. Why install switches to toggle his forcefield generators, when that just enables someone to shut them off without his permission, why not make it a verbal password like every other bleeding thing in the game.

Some other minor gripes like this, why did I lose loot to a fucking chest who appears to have a fetish for humans reaching inside it. Why make a chest with personality, do I want a storage container mouthing off at me every time a wrench it open? It boggles the aspergers ridden center of my brain.

So wait, they attempted to store a magical shield in a realm that only master wizards can reach, TO KEEP IT FROM A MASTER WIZARD.

And retrieving this shield managed to break holes in this dimension because the idiot retrieving it was incompetent.
As far as the no generators go, are you talking about the mook makers that spawn things in, in which case from what I've seen those are still there. or are you talking about honest to ged power creating things, in which case I can't comment, as I didn't actually play Leggo my Eggo Draconis.
Ah, that makes more sense. In this case it would be a good decline in a feature, in your opinion, skyway?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom