Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released on Steam Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios

After its release to Kickstarter backers yesterday, the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access build is now available to the general population on Steam. Here's its launch trailer and Early Access FAQ:

Why Early Access?

“Early Access gives you the chance to support the development of Divinity: Original Sin 2. You'll get immediate access to Act 1 which currently contains around 8-12 hours of the game as well as the PvP Arena mode. You will receive the full game upon release.

Be aware that there are still some rough edges and that certain features are missing. Bugs will be fixed, performance will be improved, and new features and improvements will be added regularly during the next months.

If you want a full, polished experience, we advise you to wait until release. It only makes sense to play an Early Access game if, for instance, you want to support the development of the game, you want to help development with your feedback or if you want to get a taste of things to come.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We plan to release the full game later next year, 2017.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The full version will have a full campaign, more maps for the PvP Arena mode, a brand new Game Master Mode, more difficulty modes and generally more content: new origin stories, a new playable Undead race, new skill schools and other new features. The editor we used to make the game will also be released.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The Early Access version currently contains: Act 1 of the main story campaign with 8-12 hours of gameplay, playable both in single-player and 2-player, 3-player or 4-player co-op; 2 difficulty modes: Classic and Explorer; 4 playable races (one more to come); 4 origin stories (more to be added); 8 skill schools; a new PvP Arena Mode with 6 maps.

We will be updating the game regularly. It's important to know that during Early Access, savegame compatibility between versions may not always be guaranteed.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“The price will not be increased upon release. All Early Access versions will be automatically be updated to full versions.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“Like with the first Divinity: Original Sin, your feedback is essential for us to make the game better, so we'd love to hear from you. Let us know what you think of the balancing, what bugs you encountered, what you think could be improved and what adventures you experienced. The more you tell us, the better we can make Divinity: Original Sin 2!”

Early impressions of Divinity: Original Sin 2 have been positive, unless you're triggered by third person dialogue options. If you weren't a backer, you can grab the game on Steam now for $45, with a release on GOG's "Games in Development" program expected next month.

M0RBUS

Augur
Can't wait to play this, to be honest, but only when it's fully released.
That's pretty much a rule for story-driven RPGs.
And also I must play it with a friend, because I just can't, otherwise.
I really enjoyed D:OS with a friend, but alone it was just too boring, the pacing was not there, I don't think.
But with a friend, we each pull in different directions, and the friction helps motivate the players.
Also, it's easier to play :P

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
This game...they should just make a Discworld game and take it out of their system.

On the gameplay side, the game is shaping up to be almost perfect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom