Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Divinity: Original Sin To Be Partially Funded via Kickstarter

Delterius

Arcane
Cowboy Moment

You say 'we're all getting completely drunk at PR parties', but who'd that be? Some parts of the schizophrenic hivemind known as the Codex just aren't very profitable, and the purge may have already begun.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Skyway wouldn't turn corrupt. Except for BIS if they bribe him with VBS upgrades.

Clearly the answer is to send the wealthiest Codexer, one who won't be impressed by bathtubs of money. Everyone PM me your rough annual post-tax income.

Severian Silk

Clearly the answer is to send the wealthiest Codexer, one who won't be impressed by bathtubs of money. Everyone PM me your rough annual post-tax income.
Roughly 10 gazillion dollars.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Roughly 10 gazillion dollars.

I assume that you're getting paid in the old Zimbabwean dollars. Assuming your fanciful term 'gazillion' is say, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000, I'm afraid at the going exchange rates you only make about $50k per annum, which is unfortunately far below the wealthiest Codexer. Sadly, seeing bathtubs full of real money would likely tempt you too much. NEXT!

LundB

Mistakes were made.
You've told me before that you have the heart of a jew and the reason you don't drink is because you love money so much.

The bathtubs would clearly sway you. NEXT!

Keep the PMs of rough annual post-tax income rolling in bros.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It occurs to me, that this is actually how all the balatant corruption in game journalism actually begins. Niche fansite catches the eye of prominent developer, developer extends a tongue-in-cheek invitation to an exclusive preview, and five years afterwards we're all getting completely drunk at parties with PR reps, trying to drown out the overwhelming feelings of emptiness and sorrow clawing upon our wretched souls.

:lol: That's probably part of it, but do remember that this site is a volunteer operation. We don't actually need the favors of PR reps to make a living. (That doesn't mean we can't be biased, of course. The Codex definitely has its biases.)
In all seriousness, the problem isn't biases. Everyone has biases. As long as they're acknowledged and conflicts of interest are avoided, you're doing 100x better job than the rest of the industry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom