Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you play a lot of games without sound too?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So it leads me to believe you just trend towards games with shit music more than anything.
Yes, I specifically search for games with shit music - you got me. Or maybe your idea of what qualifies as good music is slightly different than mine.

Iucounu

Educated
I never understood people who turn of part of a game's sound or music until full voice acting for isometric CRPGs became the norm.

I had to turn the volume of the narrators down to 0 in both Pillars of Eternity 2 and Divinity Original Sin 2.
Good idea! I couldn't stand Skyrim's voice acting, but blocking it never occurred to me even though I had already blocked the music.

I hate full voice acting, I want to read the dialogs at my own pace not have them read out to me like it's an audiobook.
Once upon a time literacy was considered progress, inventions like radio broadcasts or audio records didn't change that. But for some reason recorded voice audio in games is now considered cutting edge technology?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
on the subject of JRPGs, this one is pretty chill to just fly around in DQ8 and listen to this track

I definitely mute the volume when grinding in this game tho

Ladonna

Arcane
I used to listen to music on my walkman when playing some old games that didn't have any sound, or hardly any sound (and with the PC, those with PC speaker).

VerSacrum

Educated
I like to fire up a "dungeon synth" playlist for retro RPG's after a while because the ingame tracks tend to get repetitive. Sound effects still enabled, of course.

911 Jumper

Educated
If I were ever forced to play the Tomb Raider reboot games, I would have to play them with little to no sound. Imagine having to hear this coming out your speakers:

Imagine what the neighbours would think. I really can't stand these kinds of female noises.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom