Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DoW 2 will suck hard

How is a life bar at the stop of the screen console style? Tons of games have had that on PC even long ago.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Why the fuck can't they just make it more like TT? Reinforcing squads in-mission is faggotry.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Lestat said:
OK, make it action game-style life bar at the top of the screen. Point is, WTF is it doing in a strategy game?

Strategy game? DoW started making sense around Dark Crusade - soloing the game with Necron Lord was very fun. I kinda like the direction DoW 2 is going. Maybe they could even add some twitch minigame when two commanders (or heroes) meet each other on the field...

ricolikesrice

Arcane

no map editor, no mod support (with the most retarded excuse they could come up with) screenshots of nids / jungle look like shit, gameplay sounds worse the more they talk about it..... payable DLC, windowslive.......

being a 40k nerd it hurts to say but .... thank you for starcraft 2 and may DoW2 be an epic failure for those stupid fucks.

bozia2012 said:
Strategy game? DoW started making sense around Dark Crusade - soloing the game with Necron Lord was very fun.

It's the other way around dipshit. DoW reached the very bottom around Dark Crusade. Then it started digging with Shitstorm.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Emotional Vampire said:
bozia2012 said:
Strategy game? DoW started making sense around Dark Crusade - soloing the game with Necron Lord was very fun.

It's the other way around dipshit. DoW reached the very bottom around Dark Crusade. Then it started digging with Shitstorm.
At least the patch logs have been funny to read. They really have a grudge against the Imperial Guard. :D

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Emotional Vampire said:
bozia2012 said:
[sarcasm]Strategy game? DoW started making sense around Dark Crusade - soloing the game with Necron Lord was very fun.[/sarcasm]

Better now dimwit?

Ryuken

Liturgist
Work-in-progress? They still haven't told a thing about standard multiplayer (which should include basebuilding again) except for co-op and the fact it'll use a revamped Games for Windows Live.

DemonKing

Arcane
It looks like Company of Space Marines to me, despite what Relic say (apart from the character customisation screen).

I never got into the original as the DoW universe measn nothing to me, but I'll give a demo a whirl, if one comes out.

Annonchinil

Scholar
Game looks very speacial ability heavy. Too bad Relic never pushed on the more wargamy aspects of CoH and instead chose a different focus.

Oh and the part half -way where they talked about exciting ways to use abilities was rather boring. Rather dumb how he garrisoned te more defensive squad.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I'd love a game like the old close combat's with the COH engine. At least they recently brough out a much improved version of Close Combat 3 and are working on improving CC4 (the ardennes one)

DOW2 looks like it will be a fun little game that at least warrants a playthrough of the campaign. MP will suck just like it did with COH and DOW1. Little kiddies that learn all the best combo's and quee these. No strategy what so ever, just frantic clicking. Bah.

You think you sound smart by pointing out something everyone knows - that there is no strategy in RTSes - but in fact you just sound like an ignorant twat for expecting it in the first place.

It's like playing Quake fucking 2 and complaining about lack of bullet drop.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I don't really care that there is none. I would like however to see something like close combat with an engine like COH. Incidently I really did like COH's campaign because of the presentation and the fact that it was just sheer fun to play through.

Have you incidently tried World in Conflict? it's mp proves that it's possible to have at least some strategy in an rts. It works very much like stone, paper and scissors but strangely enough it works. My guess it's because there are no build quees. Now all we need is an rts with a limited amount of troops and reinforcements. Don't see why something like that will never be made.

Trash said:
Have you incidently tried World in Conflict? it's mp proves that it's possible to have at least some strategy in an rts. It works very much like stone, paper and scissors but strangely enough it works.

Just... shut up. You're like dhalai lama of fucking retards.

Kraszu

Prophet
Just becouse game require speed it does not mean that there is no strategy to it, best player have to make good decisions also, they play against other fast players.There is definitely strategy in starcraft.

This is why Codex is such a pathetic place, it's full of people who bitch and whine about shit they don't even know anything about(and it shows because they lack any trolling/flaming skill whatsoever).

All RTSes have counters genius, and many of them moved beyond rock paper scissors aeons ago. The fact that WiC uses something so blatant is one of the reason it's a worthless fucking game. And no, you don't need to just learn one build and pwn noobz every time, if it's true - learn the build, join a tournament, get fat buck. Or shut your STD hole.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
See what I did there?

You sad sack of shit, I'm sure you're one of those people that claim starcraft is a finely tuned and balanced game. RTS games mostly suck because the mayority of them rely on being able to click as an idiot. Go get your ADD ass fucked in some shitty darkroom if all you can do here is act like a cunt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom