Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview Dragon Age 2 Preview

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Oct 12, 2010.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>Another <a href="http://everythingforgamers.info/article/119/dragon-age-2-hands-on/" target="_blank">Eurogamer Expo based preview</a> of Dragon Age II surfaced over at Everything For Gamers.</p>
    <blockquote>
    <p>The combat and controls are much the same as they were for the console version of Origins (I was playing on the 360) with the left analogue stick handling movement, the A button for basic attacks/interacting and the other face buttons assigned to special combat moves. Thankfully the movement of the character you are controlling is a lot less clunky and because of this battles feel more fluid and fun. Part of this fun involves seeing a defeated Darkspawn explode in a shower of blood and body parts, though the death animations did become quite repetitious after a while.<br /> <br /> Defeating the waves of Darkspawn that tried to halt Hawke&rsquo;s progress was not a very challenging affair given my extensive experience with dragon age 2&rsquo;s predecessor and the quick recharging of special combat moves; even so it didn&rsquo;t take more than a few hits for a darkspawn grunt to go down and for me to plow through them to a showdown with an ogre, who was a bit of a pushover as well to be honest.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>It's not about difficulty or variety, what counts is that something awesome happens everytime you push a button. And Darkspawn exploding in a shower of blood and body parts all the time is awesome. I presume.</p>
    <p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100072-dragon-age-ii-preview.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

^ Top  
  2. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    They keep talking on their forums about how the whole game is not like this, that previewers are getting the wrong impression from an exaggerated section of the game where you play the equivalent of a dream sequence. Yet they keep shoving that same demo out at the media. You can't say "don't worry guys the preview is deceptive" when the previews are based on the section of the game you prepared for previews.

^ Top  
  3. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Damn I thought I was on ActionGameCodex.net for a minute...

^ Top  
  4. CrimsonAngel Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Ain't that the truth.

You can't bitch about a preview giving away a specific impression when you your self made the preview that is shown.

^ Top  
  5. Archibald Arcane

Archibald
    They say that because they know that loyal fags will still buy it cause "whole game is not like that".

^ Top  
  6. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Bioware fans. Bioware fans never change.

^ Top  
  7. Rhalle Magister

Rhalle
    Nerds trying to do obfuscating PR, but just spitting out bumbling falsehoods instead, transparent to anyone who isn't a Bioware Social Site loser-freak.

^ Top  
  8. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Um.. did you look at the second page of this specific preview?
    Feel free to keep focusing on the parts you hate I guess.

^ Top  
  9. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "They say that because they know that loyal fags will still buy it cause "whole game is not like that"."

the Codex bullshit. the Codex bullshit never changes.

the sad part is that the Codex ispart of the BIO 'fagdom'. R00fles!

^ Top  
  10. waywardOne Arcane

waywardOne
    i changed. they forced me to and i am better for it!

^ Top  
  11. Relay Educated

Relay
    Typical bio fan :

[​IMG]

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.