Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age 2 was released ten years ago

Ryzer

Arcane
I disagree. There's no good reason that she becomes a ruthless hardened killer no matter what you do in DAO, and it's especially nonsense that she goes from being devoutly faithful to literally saying that belief in the Maker's just a trick to keep people united.
Did you pay attention to the plot of Inquisition?
Inquisition had a plot?
Oblivion gates something something Dragon age edition

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
That was confirmed by Bioware to be a mistake, a result of not everyone in Bioware being on the same page. Half-elves are supposed to be fully human in Dragon Age's setting.
If it's guaranteed, wouldn't that give the humans a lot of motivation to go full-on genocidal rape on the elves?

Camel

Scholar
Would *you* touch an elf?
Elves are usually beautiful unlike the DA elves. They’re more like DnD elves but even worse. No immortality, no magic advantage, no agility advantage, they’re not the best archers in the world. Mostly they exist to be oppressed in ghettos.
I don’t really like Gygax’s elves.
why-isnt-arwen-in-rivendell-during-the-hobbit-she-isnt-v0-umytb35969ga1.jpg

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane

There are ways to do dark-skinned/black elves, but this isn't it. There's more to the concept of "elf" than pointy ears.

That was confirmed by Bioware to be a mistake, a result of not everyone in Bioware being on the same page. Half-elves are supposed to be fully human in Dragon Age's setting.
If it's guaranteed, wouldn't that give the humans a lot of motivation to go full-on genocidal rape on the elves?
Not really sure how that would make a fundamental difference from regular genocidal interest, but I guess if people wanted to rape the elves as a bonus while genociding them, they might? I'd expect if they're of genocidal mindset though they'd bear a mental revulsion against having any elf-blooded children, regardless of whether or not they develop as humans. I'm pretty sure in the Dragon Age universe a number of "half-elves" try to hide their elven parentage because of the stigma.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
No immortality, no magic advantage, no agility advantage, they’re not the best archers in the world.
DA:I "confirmed" that's pretty much what they were until Solas did all that shit years ago that closed the veil from the real world. I'm 99% sure DA4 will have all the eleven being gods chosen people.

Camel

Scholar
DA:I "confirmed" that's pretty much what they were until Solas did all that shit years ago that closed the veil from the real world. I'm 99% sure DA4 will have all the eleven being gods chosen people.
It was a DA:I retcon and as almost all retcons it polluted the lore and the setting. Making the elves great again or not could be a nice storyline for a future DA game but not with current Bioware.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It was a DA:I retcon and as almost all retcons it polluted the lore and the setting. Making the elves great again or not could be a nice storyline for a future DA game but not with current Bioware.
Yes, it was a retcon and a shit one at that which destroyed all the worldbuilding that came before it.

As for being a nice storyline for a future DA game, I disagree. There is no way you can introduce that into the established setting without world destruction. Dragon Age is already a pretty basic setting with some classic BioWare twists, the changing of that to a focus on Elves gets rid of what fans from before enjoyed and makes it even more of generic fantasy setting #44983

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom