Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - full reveal on June 11th

Artyoan

Arbiter
We don't know much about the game except for a rumor that suggests direct control of party members (as usual for the franchise) might have been swapped for orders issued via a wheel, similar to Mass Effect.
We don't know much but don't expect a return to form, is all.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

MerchantKing

Learned
DA2 was great…. Hissy fag Anders, awesome button, David Gaydurr, Hamburger Hepler, noms-her-head…. lots of lols

There is always a catch, life is a catch, I suggest you catch it while you can, A+ writing right there.

Anyone remember that video Duncan saying to submit to the taint while teabagging the camera? Got deleted but I laughed my ass off to it back then.

"Sailing is like sex, if you do it right it's the best thing in the world. If you do it wrong, it will make you throw up."
“I like big boats.”
I don't like boats very much. The last time I was on one, I was vomiting for hours.

Just like after bad sex.
Maybe don't have sex with women who don't shower?

You must be a virgin if you think it's just about hygiene.
:lol:

Hmm it seems that you are a cunt....now the question is if you are a prostitute too. The vomit thing gives it away.

First and foremost, I am an esthete who appreciates good craftsmanship :
xMZuT2n.jpeg

Not that the Bulgarian could appreciate it
That's a strange looking top. It would probably spin better if it weren't so top heavy and there was a finer point at the bottom.

The Jester

Cipher
DA2 was great…. Hissy fag Anders, awesome button, David Gaydurr, Hamburger Hepler, noms-her-head…. lots of lols

There is always a catch, life is a catch, I suggest you catch it while you can, A+ writing right there.

Anyone remember that video Duncan saying to submit to the taint while teabagging the camera? Got deleted but I laughed my ass off to it back then.

"Sailing is like sex, if you do it right it's the best thing in the world. If you do it wrong, it will make you throw up."
“I like big boats.”
I don't like boats very much. The last time I was on one, I was vomiting for hours.

Just like after bad sex.
Maybe don't have sex with women who don't shower?

You must be a virgin if you think it's just about hygiene.
:lol:

Hmm it seems that you are a cunt....now the question is if you are a prostitute too. The vomit thing gives it away.

First and foremost, I am an esthete who appreciates good craftsmanship :
xMZuT2n.jpeg

Not that the Bulgarian could appreciate it
That's a strange looking top. It would probably spin better if it weren't so top heavy and there was a finer point at the bottom.
You can tell from the lack of fineness that the crafter was definitely not a Gnomish master carpenter for sure.

MerchantKing

Learned
Ah yes. The greatness of Valerie. No other romance quite like her's.

ZMUuaBZ.png

The only one better is Kanerah who wants to fill your treasury with so much gold that you'd have to get a new castle just to hoard it all.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Since after ten years of production of this game we still don't have anything substantive, let me share an interesting fact from Bioware's Twitter. On May 8, they posted fanart. One character from Dragon Age 2, and two from the first part. Here is one of them:

GNE6Ir_WsAEZFcs

It's not Cullen from DA:I, but from DA:O. Now ask yourself - what is going on in the mind of a person who, fifteen years after the release of this game, is still experiencing a minor NPC from a single quest? What issues are associated with it, how much loss and regret for lost youth and opportunities that have passed away? Breakups with boyfriends, traumatic abortions or being a single mother, and above all, stretch marks. Cullen from DA:O exceeds the boundaries of a single game and becomes a symbol of Paradise Lost, whose gates have closed forever.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I'm asking myself what behooves people to keep talking about a game that has had no relevant developments from a series that hasn't been good in decades.

I just asked myself exactly the same question. And I came to the conclusion that it's no longer about Bioware games. It's about the company itself and their fans.

It's a kind of zeitgeist. Bioware announces some changes and is ahead of them. They were the first to turn RPGs into romance simulators, they were the first to simplify the idea of RPGs so much, they were the first to build a Twitter-Tumblr community, they were the first to transform RPGs into LGBT VR. Therefore, I believe that the deadness accompanying their existence somehow shows the future of the industry, and maybe even the social climate in the next decade.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm asking myself what behooves people to keep talking about a game that has had no relevant developments from a series that hasn't been good in decades.

I just asked myself exactly the same question. And I came to the conclusion that it's no longer about Bioware games. It's about the company itself and their fans.

It's a kind of zeitgeist. Bioware announces some changes and is ahead of them. They were the first to turn RPGs into romance simulators, they were the first to simplify the idea of RPGs so much, they were the first to build a Twitter-Tumblr community, they were the first to transform RPGs into LGBT VR. Therefore, I believe that the deadness accompanying their existence somehow shows the future of the industry, and maybe even the social climate in the next decade.
That was a roundabout way for me to say "Shut up about this game"

Oberon

Learned

I think they were pioneers until they lost their way.
They lost their cutting edge and their deadness is indicative only of the future of the DEI infested tech industry as a whole.
The future of cRPGs is yet to be revealed because it is currently in limbo, emerging tech will be harnessed to take them in new unpredictable directions, and Bioware will not be part of that picture at all.

MerchantKing

Learned

I think they were pioneers until they lost their way.
What did they pioneer? There is nothing they do that wasn't already done by earlier though lesser known games.
They lost their cutting edge and their deadness is indicative only of the future of the DEI infested tech industry as a whole.
Bioware was always that way. It was not so obvious before Ass Effect though there are some examples like Shart-Eel and Viconia in BG1+2. Arguably much of the industry already had DEI before the term even entered most people's minds.
The future of cRPGs is yet to be revealed because it is currently in limbo, emerging tech will be harnessed to take them in new unpredictable directions, and Bioware will not be part of that picture at all.
The future of cprgs is already known. It's been known at least since Pillars of Eternity and Kingmaker came out. It just keeps getting worse as seen in Wrath of the Righteous and BG3.

Bioware would have never found "their way" if it hadn't been for Feargie.

There's a parallel universe out there were Urquhart slipped in the shower, broke his ankle, called in sick -- and where Bioware would have never done anything but chasing trends all the way back to who set them. One of the most overrated former major industry players in existence.

Urquhart had trouble grasping Battleground Infinity because he wasn’t sure what BioWare intended it to be. Did they think they could deliver on a game the scale of a proper MMORPG? Because to Urquhart, it was more like a real-time strategy game: top-down, isometric view; numerous characters running amok on a battlefield.

Before long, BioWare had offers from Sir-Tech, the studio that had made the Wizardry series of RPGs popular on the Apple II, and Westwood, creators of Command & Conquer. The doctors held off on signing contracts and went back to Urquhart with an updated demo. He came away impressed. The game’s setting and characters were grounded in fantasy, with players controlling a party of characters.

Just like in a Dungeons & Dragons game.

“Something went off in my head,” Urquhart recalled. “I took this party-based [concept] and called them up and said, ‘What if we made this a D&D game?’ They said, ‘That would be really cool.’”

https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...ty-and-the-infinity-engine-era-of-rpgs?page=8

:slamdunk:

Oberon

Learned
Ok fair enough, but I'd argue that series like PoE and Pathfinder ARE the limbo stage, trying to copy the formulas of the past. Next gen cRPGs won't resemble IE games at all, they will probably be based around more generative elements. The worlds will be more responsive and less railroaded.
Bioware has already been left in the dust in the current climate, it's too pozzed with dumb, lazy DEI hires, activists, and out of touch coomers who exclusively cater to 2% of perverted faggots and repel everyone else.

Ok fair enough, but I'd argue that series like PoE and Pathfinder ARE the limbo stage, trying to copy the formulas of the past. Next gen cRPGs won't resemble IE games at all, they will probably be based around more generative elements. The worlds will be more responsive and less railroaded.

I'd love somebody to throw the billion dollars put into cinematics fully into the systemic interactions, as BG3 teases them. Alas, not gonna happen......

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom