Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Neanderthal

Arcane
Hawke is poor in a new city, he needs to do sidequests until he gathers enough money to go on an expedition that might make him rich.

Thereby proving he has no need to go on an expedition to get rich as he can already make money exactly where he is and should just continue doing so, quality plotting.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Hawke is poor in a new city, he needs to do sidequests until he gathers enough money to go on an expedition that might make him rich.

Thereby proving he has no need to go on an expedition to get rich as he can already make money exactly where he is and should just continue doing so, quality plotting.
Not necessarily. He is raising $50,000 to fund the expedition that will make him a millionaire.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
I'm sure plenty of people here will buy the new dragon age just to bitch about it and pretend they hate it.

I tried dragon age 1/origins. Got bored after maybe 3 hours and never played it again. Never bothered with the sequels because I knew I wouldn't like them.

Come to think of it that was the last bioware game I played, last I ever will play.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I'm sure plenty of people here will buy the new dragon age just to bitch about it and pretend they hate it.
I bought DAI because of Denuvo. :negative: It ended up being the first game I stopped playing about 1/3 through because of how shitty and boring it was. The dull, dreary, MMO-style environments. The copius amounts of sjw propaganda. The reused plotline and characters. Shit.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Talk about eating shit. Half of the locals secretly playing Fallout 4 since 2015 is one thing but knowing what DA:Cisquisition is and still giving EA money for disappointment is whole another level.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm sure plenty of people here will buy the new dragon age
3624C7D3D.gif

Zer0wing

Cipher
1200px-Denuvo_vector_logo.svg.png

You have to spend another 500$+ for better CPU to chug through this slog that is denuvo.

imweasel

You have to spend another 500$+ for better CPU to chug through this slog that is denuvo.
Game benchmarks created before and after Denuvo was removed prove this theory wrong.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I bought DAI because of Denuvo. :negative: It ended up being the first game I stopped playing about 1/3 through because of how shitty and boring it was. The dull, dreary, MMO-style environments. The copius amounts of sjw propaganda. The reused plotline and characters. Shit.
Actually, that's not true. My girlfriend bought it for me.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

You could have just pirated DAI,it got released around a week after release.
It's not just Denuvo. The Dragon Age Keep is a whole other layer of DRM.
In order to import all the choices & cocksequences you made in DAO and DAII, Eaware made players log into an external website with their Origin id and select all those choices manually. No save file import, of course, what is this, Baldur's Gate or smthn?

So if you wanted to play with the right king of Ferelden/Morrigan's baby/whatever shit Hawke did, you needed a legitimate copy.

And then it turned out to be all pointless, because the game sucks assholes.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
iirc there was a save editor that'd let you customize the world state variables, allowing you to get around needing to use the keep thing

Frozen

Arcane
So, what happened to the Warden if you "kill"/go with Morrigan into Eluvian at the end of Witch Hunt?

Never find out in Inquisition because no way in hell am I paying EA

Codex Year of the Donut
So, what happened to the Warden if you "kill"/go with Morrigan into Eluvian at the end of Witch Hunt?

Never find out in Inquisition because no way in hell am I paying EA
Searching for a way to prevent The Calling if they're alive iirc.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Looks like Dragon Age and Mass Effect won't be in General RPG Discussion in the future. https://www.vg247.com/2018/09/02/new-dragon-age-mass-effect-influenced-by-anthem/

New Dragon Age, Mass Effect titles will be heavily influenced by Anthem, says Bioware

By Matt Martin, Sunday, 2 September 2018 17:22 GMT

Bioware’s new sci-fi loot-shooter Anthem is already influencing how the development team will create future titles in the Dragon Age and Mass Effect franchises.

Speaking at PAX West this weekend, the team at Bioware said that Anthem’s story structure, which will be delivered as part of a live service allowing the team to continue to write and release new storylines post release, is a method it expects to employ for its other much-loved franchises.

Anthem is structured so that its hub world, Tarsis, is where players will experience the more traditional RPG elements and story-telling of the game, while it’s online open world is where players can get stuck into the looting and shooting.

“We’ve got the continuation of stories after we’ve launched,” said Michael Gamble, lead producer on Anthem. “If you remember back to the ancient times we released a game and that would the story for a set of characters, and we released DLC that enabled us to tell unique bits of story afterwards.

“For Anthem, where we’d all like to see us head, is the ability to tell new great stories throughout the years, throughout the months after launch.”

“So After Anthem we can say, okay, now we’re going to expand the storyline for one of those Agents, or now that certain points in the game world have happened, this changes the relationship, this changes this character, this changes the type of missions for certain characters. Or even we add new characters, we add new Agents. We can do all that and Anthem gives us the tools to do all that.

“My point is that I hope that future games, whether it’s Dragon Age or the other one that starts with ‘Mass’, continues to utilise this kind of storytelling.”

All future story DLC or content updates for Anthem will be free, letting all players follow the story without any paywalls. Mark Darrah, executive producer on Anthem, added it’s not just the structure and delivery of Anthem’s story that will influnce fuuture games, but also its depth.

“One of the things that we’ve really done in Anthem is focus a lot of attention on Tarsis,” he said. “It’s the primary place where we do the reactive storytelling.

“As a result we’ve pushed Tarsis further than we’ve ever pushed any of our hubs before. It’s a reactive space, a space that feels more living, more alive. And I think going forward with future Dragon Age games, or others games, that you’re going to see that reactivity, that depth in our hubs that we’re bringing out in Anthem.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom