Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age gets ULTIMATE EPIC EDITION

Stabwound

Arcane
It contains every piece of DLC...

...until the next one comes out. :smug:

Stabwound

Arcane
Oh yeah, that's true. Gotta have them ready for day 1 and all that.

Topher

Cipher
Meh. I got a free copy of DA and I couldn't get past the first town, it was just boring. I liked the City Elf intro until the combat kicked in. It had some nice options going through the castle but it just wan't enough to keep me playing. I'll try again one day.

Truman

Scholar
The game doesn't get that good until you get a mage. There's only 3-4 permutations of combat actions with warriors, but once you have a mage, that opens right up.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
:lol:

So since I doubt they will stop releasing DLCs, what'll the next edition be called? DRAGON AGE: THE ULTIMATE ENHANCED DIRECTOR'S CUT EDITION?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
jkCDQ.png

It's that a nipple? It's that a nipple?

Seolas

Liturgist
PennyAnte said:
ME2's DLC has been a lot better than DA:O's.

Basically like night and day, there is a huge difference in quality between the Bioware group working on DA:O DLC and the group working on ME2 DLC. The last three ME2 DLCs have been good and gotten progressively better. The Liara one is prolly the best DLC I've ever played - two boss fights (both were great too, Shadow Broker was jaw-dropping), story closure, tons of lore/easter eggs, new maps (every DA:O DLC has rehashed maps), good voice acting, and new music.

Pablosdog

Prophet
That is possibly the gayest video I have seen yet for promotional material in regards to a Crpg.

Stabwound

Arcane
Please tell me some random person added that song and not EA/Bioware

racofer

Thread Incliner
Stabwound said:
Please tell me some random person added that song and not EA/Bioware
Nope. Full Bioware material right there.

Bromancer said:
The base game was alright for a playthrough or two, but pretty much all the dlc that came out were just awful.

I only managed to play through it once, but I did finish every piece of DLC (with the exception of Awakening). They where pretty meh, and the fact most of then don't directly add anything to the main campaign makes them that much worse.

At least with ME1/2, Bioware made their DLC actually add stuff to the main game which could be played in any order you chose to.

What really killed DA:O replayability was the constant influx of combat with a mediocre combat system.

Return to Ostagar, the Shale one, Wardens Keep and Awakening are all that really matter. The other ones seem kinda pointless since they're separated from the main game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom