Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Malpercio

Arcane
Holy shit, I don't understand what this Sera chick is saying. AT ALL.

On other hand Vivienne seems like a... decent character? A moderate mage who enjoys the circle and is against the rebellion is certainly a departure from the usual Anders-type character.

I got the Bull and whathisface (the plain dude in armor who looks like a tank) missions opened now, so I guess they'll be the next.

Delterius

Arcane
Apologies if repost, The Telegraph slammed the game and gave it 60/100:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...s/11221041/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-review.html

I love the BDF (Bioware Defense Force) and their attacks on the reviewer:
Bioware Fanboy said:
Take a look at IGN/PC Gamer/Polygon/TIME, legitimate and professional sites, with top-notch reviewers, consistently ranking this game as one of the year's best, and you deign to give it 3 stars?
And you DEEEEIGN to give it a MERE 3 STARS?!
:whatho:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
No really, I wanna see their effort. But everything is done so badly. I look very hard ANYWHERE to find ANYTHING that shows EFFORT being put in to salvage their pride after the DA2 debacle.
Sorry guys. There was really none to be found.

hell bovine

Arcane
It gets even better!
Sigh... I just can't imagine a writer sitting at his/her desk and writing dialogues for this game, and suddenly s/he thinks "hm, they should probably talk about trannies in this game". I can't imagine this and yet it happens.
Does it really? Or are people once again ready to jump at something most likely taken out of context and are using it as an excuse to smear the game some more?
More likely obsessed with certain... parts of the game. I've always found it creepy how some guys will rant about queer propaganda etc. all the time. And I am a heterosexual woman; penises are fun and all, but this level of obsession just sounds like a fetish.

Calapine

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
They deserve to fail.

Ok, I'll sum up the what I saw in the video. I'll be as literal as possible and avoid exaggeration for effect:

The very first frames show the setting. You are travelling in a mountainous region, with copious snow. Disaster strikes from the sky. <Fade to dark>

You wake up on the floor of a vast underground cavern. The character behaviour makes clear that you are confused as to why and where.

You seem to be imbued/possessed by some sort of magical force. The ominous green glows suggests it is not a benign effect.

Before you can wonder what this all means an unknown woman person arrives to rescue you.

You are attacked by creatures of the cavern, which seems to trigger [or coincidence?] the magical force inside. Green glow, you pass out, fade to black.

You wake up inside an interrogation cell, tied. Enter tough interrogator with sidekick. You are threatened with execution. People are dead and you are suspiciously the only one alive.

Interrogater leads you outside. A rough-build fortress in a mountains area. Snowfall. Mysterious force in the sky, it triggers the power within you, hurting you. It becomes clear the magical power is getting stronger and will be your end.

We know this because the interrogator says: "Each time the breach expends your mark spreads and it is killing you. It may be the key to stopping this. But there isn't much time. [...]Closing the breach."

To sum up, there is magical force in you that will slowly take you over, if you cannot stop it. The snowy region you are in threatened by the sudden appearance of a supernatural threat. It is clear that your sudden new power is connected to this threat.

The interrogator unties your chains, but you are not a free man. The interrogate informs you that you are accused of causing the death of the local ruler. It is clear you will have to co-operate with the interrogator. "You wish to prove your innocene, this is the only way."

The interrogator tells you that you have to go up the mountain head into the valley to test the nature of your magical affliction.

[End of RK video]

Neverwitcher 2 Mask of the Elder-scrolls.
emot_grin.gif

dryan

Arcane
It gets even better!
Sigh... I just can't imagine a writer sitting at his/her desk and writing dialogues for this game, and suddenly s/he thinks "hm, they should probably talk about trannies in this game". I can't imagine this and yet it happens.
Does it really? Or are people once again ready to jump at something most likely taken out of context and are using it as an excuse to smear the game some more?
More likely obsessed with certain... parts of the game. I've always found it creepy how some guys will rant about queer propaganda etc. all the time. And I am a heterosexual woman; penises are fun and all, but this level of obsession just sounds like a fetish.
What a retarded post. Since when do writers get a pass to put together such hamfisted awkward line just because it happens to be queer inclusive? It's so obvious, you'd have to be a moron not to recognize the pandering. Even if I were a tranny I would feel insulted by such blatant condescension.

Bradylama

Arcane

Some cultures do have traditions where they've normalized transgenders as a freak anomaly, like the Two Souls in some Native American cultures. A writer with more gravitas could pull it off and make it an interesting part of the setting, but not this one.

We're done here. Gonna head to bed.

The floating pants at 8:35 :lol:

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I just love how improper the music of every Dragon Age trailer is. Oh, and it is called gameplay trailer, while all we see is cinematics.

I always guffaw because I can vividly imagine some hipster in the editing department getting ecstatic over his amazing choice of music for the trailers.

kain30

Cipher
i watching the streaming in twitch. my god, the game is horrible. i´m not gonna play it even if it became avaliable on pirate seas

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
What the flying fuck does Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World have to do with Dragon Age? Some gender-queer meth addict in Bioware offices must be losing xis mind.

They should have gone with Lady Gaga's Bad Romance.

I want your ugly
I want your disease
I want your everything
As long as it's free
I want your love
(Love-love-love I want your love)

I want your drama
The touch of your hand
I want your leather-studded kiss in the sand
I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love
(Love-love-love I want your love)

You know that I want you
And you know that I need you
I want it bad, your bad romance

I want your love and
I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
(Oh-oh-oh--oh-oh!)
I want your love and
All your lover's revenge
You and me could write a bad romance

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Press X. Press X. Press X. Press X. Press X. Enemy defeated! Success

Martius

Liturgist
I might want to reroll melee. ranged combat is just abysmal.
I dont think it will help. Looks like both types of combat are pretty much just auto attacking before getting more skills.
Why hair looks like some kind of shiny plastic? I hope these are just low setting right? Or its how Bioware can harness power of new engine?

eremita

Savant
:avatard:Aaaaand we've gone full retard once again in this thread. Some of you guys just need to get laid. Buy a punching bag. Or join ISIS. Or something...

Are you retarded? Or trolling?
:notsureifserious:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom